Old Cerwin Vega D-9s with New Receiver

Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2
I everybody,
Im currently researching replacing my old PioneerVSX9500s(circa1989)125wt/channel Dolby ProLogic receiver with the newest and latest in surround sound.

I rarely ever use my system for music, but my surround system gets tons of use while watching DVDs and sporting events to compliment my 65" Mitsubishi HDTV.

First of all, Wow have things ever changed!!! With on screen displays, calibration, YPAO...etc....etc.....

I want true Thx surround, and know that I need to finally upgrade. Im looking to stay at or under $1000 and I'm leaning towards the Yamaha RX-v1500 or 2500 because both are similar power ratings and I like the features.

Im worried that the power drain from the front channels while playing sources in 5.1 digital surround mode will drain too much power from my large cerwin vegas and hurt their performance.

Im a little concerned that my classic old speakers will not agree with a new Yamaha receiver. Upgrading speakers is not really a consideration because I like the big bold sound and base while watching movies and nothing on the market today goes as low(24hz)as the speakers I have without spending thousands of dollars. In other words, when I watch Jurrasic park, or something with loud booms and thumps, you can really feel it.

Anyway, am I concerning myself over nothing??

PS....How can I edit my profile?? I just registered, and want to change my origional settings and dont know how to get in to do it.

Thanks,
Paul

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us