Help, I can't hear my speakers...

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 17
O.K. that's not exactly true, but I do have some concerns. I am running my vsx-54tx in a 2.1 situation currently. I am biamping my monitor audio ma 700 golds using the rear channel. I have run the mcacc, and all the settings seem to be correct. My concern is that I am turning my volume up to 0 or even positive db before the sound is "loud." I know that my speakers are relatively ineffecient, 89db, but still this seems to be pretty high compared to others who say that -20, or -15 is room shaking.

Any suggestions about something I may have missed? Or am I just concerned over nothing?

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 85
I am curious,
have you tried this to see the effect?

If you do not bi-amp the speakers, is it substantially louder?

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 18
actually I have. There doesn't seem to be much difference in the volume levels. I must admit that I didn't run the mcacc before I biamped them. but even running in the direct mode, I had to turn the volume way up to get the level of sound I wanted.

I am in a big room 18X21 with vaulted ceilings. Before I was driving the speakers with a 25 year old Onkyo 30 watt receiver. The sound is much more revealing with the Pioneer, so I am not disappointed with the quality of the sound at all. Just curious about het volume level.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Don't worry about it as long as it does get loud without distortion.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us