Best place to purchase SACD and DVD-A disc?

Username: Exander

Post Number: 9
I'm going to be buying a universal player (not sure which one yet). Where is the best place to buy the discs?
Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Nutopia

Post Number: 16
Online at sa-cd.net
there's a specific section at my best buy with them, too. don't know if that's the same everywhere, i'd assume so, though...

Bronze Member
Username: Froggy

Post Number: 19
Just type in SACD or DVD Audio into a search engine, tons of on line dealers, I use ebay allot too, I just purchased Beck, Sea of Change, Queen A Night At The Opera,The best Of REM and WineLight By Grover Washington all Elliot Sheiners Stuff, the most expensive CD cost me $14.

I also purchased Mostly Autumns new album $17,
Try these places,

http://www11.mawebcenters.com/vinylstagemusic/productCat28472.ctlg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/

http://search.ebay.com/sacd_CDs_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoen trypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsacatZ307QQsbrftogZ1QQsofo cusZbsQQsotrZ2

Silver Member
Username: Larry_r

Naples, FL

Post Number: 436
And don't forget good ole Amazon.com - I get a lot from them - good service, only fair stock, but free shipping - I always like Amazon.

Username: Exander

Post Number: 10
Cool. Thanks everyone. Now I just need to pick my player.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 412
Steve,

quote:

I also purchased Mostly Autumns new album $17,
Try these places

Cool!! I haven't heard this cd yet. How is it? They're fairly new to me, I only have their "Catch the Spirit" anthology cd. I don't think I've mentioned them on the ecoustics forum, but have mentioned them on many other forums I regularly visit. I think fans of Floyd will will be amazed at the similarities, especially on the song, The Last Climb," but also on others as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Froggy

Post Number: 20
Mostly Autumn are totaly new to me, I have Mixed feelings on this CD, I Purchased the CD based on reviews that I have read, I really like the song another life, great Guitar.

After one listen,this is going to be one of those albums I'm going to have to grow into, For me, more like Fleetwood mac than Pink Floyd.

I wish that I could tell you more but I don't think that I could give an honest review without giving my ears and brain a little more evaluation time.

I will say this, Not bad so far.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 414
Steve,
Thanks. Interesting that you think the new cd sounds more Fleetwood Mac. On the cd I have, they do have a varied sound depending on the song and who is doing vocals. The song, "The Last Climb" sounds like it would fit in nicely on Dark Side of the Moon; and on "The Gap is Too Wide the guitar is quite reminiscent of David Gilmour's guitar on Floyd's The Division Bell. Some of the other songs, however, sound nothing like Floyd, but good nonetheless.
But when Heather Findlay is doing vocals I guess I can hear a bit of Fleetwood Mac at times - good catch.
I do like what I've heard, in fact enough to explore them further.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 415
Steve,
Thanks. Interesting that you think the new cd sounds more Fleetwood Mac. On the cd I have, they do have a varied sound depending on the song and who is doing vocals. The song, "The Last Climb" sounds like it would fit in nicely on Dark Side of the Moon; and on "The Gap is Too Wide the guitar is quite reminiscent of David Gilmour's guitar on Floyd's The Division Bell. Some of the other songs, however, sound nothing like Floyd, but good nonetheless.
But when Heather Findlay is doing vocals I guess I can hear a bit of Fleetwood Mac at times - good catch.
I do like what I've heard, in fact enough to explore them further.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us