Audio Note Speakers

Andrew54
Unregistered guest
I recently had a chance to audition some Audio Note AN-K/SPE's. They sounded really amazing, in my opinion quite easily surpassing similar offerings from B&W and Paradigm. Has anyone else heard these speakers or other speakers in this range that compare (about 2400 Cdn)? I'm very interested in people's opinions about Audio note speakers as these were the first pair i've heard from this company.

Bronze Member
Username: Cornelius

Post Number: 85
Go to audioreview.com discussion forum. There's a guy over there whose handle is RGA, and he's a big AN fan.

Bronze Member
Username: Cornelius

Post Number: 86
Here's the link:
http://forums.audioreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Oh yeah, don't forget to mention the part about the AN speakers out performing the Paradigms.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 270
Andrew,

I've lived with AN-E's, which are a couple of echelons up from the 'K', for the past 10 years or so. Wonderful speakers. All Audio Notes are very easy to drive which gives them an immediate dynamic sound. They're primarily designed for use with low powered valve (tube) amps, but they work extremely well with transistor amps too (as I've used mine). All the AN speakers use an 8 inch main drive unit which affords a lot more slam than many speakers out there since they tend to use smaller drive units.

AN speakers have one achilles heel which is that they don't necessarily time quite as well as the best in the business. However, there are few at the same price which beat the AN's.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us