Polk RTi 6 problem? Help?

Username: Classical

Post Number: 1
I have a Harman/Kardon AVR 325 surround-sound receiver with Polk Audio RTi6 speakers. Rock, pop, string quartets, and orchestral music sound EXCELLENT, but choral music and certain piano sonatas which emphasize mid-range frequencies sound absolutely terrible -- kind of like they were recorded from within a tin can, and as though the microphone was placed way to close. A graphic equalizer helps a lot, but it still feels like mid-range just isn't what it's suppose to be. Also, much of the mid-range problem seems to get eliminated using a pair of Grado headphones.

Has anyone else ever experience similar problems? Any advice on a new speaker system?

My musical taste is usually mellow, in a small office, without a lot of bass or volume.

Bronze Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 91
I had the exact same combination but did not experience those problems. H/K is noted for it's midrange.

Have you checked your speaker levels and tone controls?

Username: Classical

Post Number: 5
Thanks. The problem has been solved, and was due to poor "bass management." See my post on 1-07-05 called "bass management greatly improves performance" for more details.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us