Denon 3803 owners - Speaker suggestions please!

Username: Joe650

Post Number: 3
I ordered the Denon AVR-3803. I will audition it with my klipsch SS1 and SC1 speakers and will decide how it all sounds together. I want to expand my system to at least a 5.1 (I'll get the other speakers for a 7.1 later). I am keeping the Klipsch but want to add on a subwoofer and a pair of fronts. For the sub I'm looking at the SVS line but if there's one out there for a little less $$ let me know. Also let me know what you are using for fronts. Thanks!

jonk
Unregistered guest
Congrats on the purchase. I got mine a few weeks back (replaced an older Marantz SR8000) and I can't say enough about how good this receiver really is, regardless of what you'll hear from others on this board.

I've got an Energy Take 5 system hooked up with the 8" sub (for 5.1) and it sounds a ton better than it ever did with the Marantz. Dialog is exceptionally well articulated in the center channel, and 2-channel music sounds fantastic in Dolby PLII.

I would recommend looking at some of the 5.1 sub/small sat packages out there by Energy, Boston Acoustics, Aperion, Monitor Audio, Phase Technology, etc., as this would ensure seamless audio between all channels (both tonally and frequency-range wise). And I believe most receivers are happiest with sub/small sat systems as they would prevent any undue strain on the receiver. All of the aformentioned brands offer really good value and would pair nicely with the 3803, IMO.

As I've been recently posting to try and get the truth about this receiver out on this board, the 3803 is an outright steal at current street prices.

You won't be disappointed. Enjoy...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us