Paradigm phantoms vs monitor 7

Username: Tyro

Meridian, Ms

Post Number: 5
I'm setting up 7-speaker system for den/open floor plan with 10' ceiling and deciding between these paradigms. The setup (2 6 1/2 with 1 tweeter) looks same though Monitor 7s have +2 on sensitivity and -3 on low-end (35 vs 38 mhz). I'll be using them with a Paradigm PDR12 sub. The
Monitors are about $565 vs $400 for Phantom. Do you think you could tell the difference between them? (Planning on getting Yamaha rxv1500 to drive them)

Thanks - Scott

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1056
Yes. Get the Monitor 7. $565 is a very good price and that makes me wonder if they are the v.2 or v.3 version. The Monitor 7 uses upgraded drivers from the Performance series. The 7's with the 1500 is a very nice mid-priced combination.

Meridian, Ms

Post Number: 8
Thanks, Monitor 7 it is. They are version 3. He giving 25% off of list.

Scott

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1059
Great deal. You won't regret it. List is $699 so25 % off should be $525 but $565 is still a very good deal. Wonderful speaker and will be a good match with the 1500. Happy listening.

edster922
Unregistered guest
Randall,

You have a better dealer than mine, he's offering the Monitor 7 at $650 as a SALE price, $750 is posted as his regular price.

You're not in Houston by any chance are you? If you are, I want the name of your dealer! : )

Meridian, Ms

Post Number: 10
No, Ideal Acoustics - Starkville, MS
He tried to sell me the 100s for $1,700 - they sounded AWESOME - still too much $ for speakers (and >$3,000 in hardware driving them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us