Advice please - onkyo 601

Anonymous

I currently have an Onkyo 601 (will likely upgrade to Pioneer Elite vsx55txi in a year or so, since my Mitz. 55" tv has ilink).
Anyway, currently have a Velodyne sub, paradigm 450Lr for center and Atlantic tech rears.
I am looking to replace my fronts (currently a set of old fisher towers).
I am considering Mirage OM-9 Omnipolar towers for $649, Cambridge SoundWorks Classic Series Tower Speakers for $599, or PSB Image T55 for $639.
Setup is for family room, where it is for 60% movies and 40% Karoake parties. Note, Karoake is pretty hard on the speakers.
Any suggestions? Thanks, Dale

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1042
If you plan on keeping your Paradigm center[don't reconize that model #] look at the Paradigm Monitor 7. You seem to be looking at floorstanders and the 7 is a very good one and goes with your center. I am a firm believer in keeping the front three speakers all from the same brand and would never recommend otherwise. The catch to this is that Paradigm's are not the best match with Elite receivers and by the way the 55 was replaced by the 56 some months ago. In a year or so it to will be replaced. Before Christmas there was a couple pairs of Monitor 7's on ebay cheap but probably gone by now.

Anonymous

Thanks therealelitefan.
The paradigm 450 series was discontinued a few years ago, before I ever got two more to have a front match.
You note they are not a good match w/ the elite receiver. I'm pretty sure i will be getting an Elite ilink receiver in a year or so.
Since I am looking to get at least two fronts, now is probably the time to consider a center also. Are you familiar with the ones I mentioned? Do they match w/ the Elite receivers? Or do you recommend something else? I could probably spend up to $1k or so on a set at this time.
Thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us