NHTs

Username: Jebeltra

Fanwood, NJ US

Post Number: 1
After a year of research and months of listening I ran into a small store in NYC selling NHTs and was very impressed with the SB1 and SB3. I compared them with Paradign and other similar bookshelfs and was very impressed.
A good sales man guided me towards the bigger ST4 (3-way tower) and sounded great.
I am about to buy this speakers after listening to Paradigm, Polks, Klipsh and some other brands I could not afford.
Lookign for clarity and smooth sound and the best I found came from Paradigm and the NHTs

I am looking for any opinions about an ST4 fronts, SB3 surround and SC2 center. I am adding a PR??10" paradigm sub to total $2000 after a 15% discount. I am surprise to find very little information or threads about them... am I missing something here?
I have a Yamaha Rx1400 (took me year to get the speakers) and upgrading from Wafardale fronts and cheapo JBLs surround and Polk center.

Anonymous

Just a heads up. NHT announced that they will be updating the SuperAudio lineup. The press release is in the press release section of this very message board. Keep this in mind as you can:

a) Save yourself some buyer remorse when your new speakers suddenly become previous generation. The new ones do look like a significant upgrade (for example, the ST4 you like so much becomes the 4T, a 4-way with a 10inch woofer)
b) Get yourself a discount on the previous generation. If you like the sound and can find a reputable dealer who will work with you, save some money for a more powerful reciever, sub, etc...

nht has a forum on their website where some of their employees are giving a little tease of what the new superaudios will be. I imagine the website will be updated with the full scoop after the CES.

ps: if you get the previous SuperAudios, do get the center right away. It can be difficult to track down a matching center after a line is discontinued for a while.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 406
Jorge,
Great advice from Anon. Depends if you want the latest and greatest or save a few bucks and grab last year's models.
When I was auditioning speakers I did listen to the NHT's - forget which models. I ended up going with the PBS Image line, though I was impressed with both brands for the money.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us