I NEED HELP! Wiring and other questions

Username: Dogdogdog

Post Number: 1
Thanks a lot, this really does help. If you do not mind my have a more questions. I have a planet audio 1250w mono amplifier for 1 15" alphasonik psw815 2000w subwoofer. (150oz mag. 8 gauge terminal connections. I also have for my door speakers which are 2- 6.5 pioneer 4 way 220w and 2- kenwood 4-way 280w 6x9s pushed by a kicker 4-ch 600w amplifier that i feel does a great job. My sub is in a ported box, and is very loud. My question is I have 4 gauge run from the battery to the compasitor and then 8 guage to both amplifiers, (4 gauge will fit on both amps), and 8 gauge ground wire on both amplifiers as well. Do you think it would make a difference by replacing all the 8 gauge with 4 gauge? The other question is should I replace the speaker wire to the subwoofer and door speakers with 12 gauge wire? If so, does that mean by terminal for the subwoofer should be replaced as well? You have been a great help! If you have time please answer these questions. bradrgilman@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot Brad

Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 7
I can answer the first qeustion you should change the 8 gauge wire to 4 gauge including the ground its a major part of the cycle

the 4 gauge can handle more current so it can keep up with the amps demands
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us