Hsu vs velodyne??

Username: Skinnnyb

Post Number: 1
i'm having a tough time deciding. currently looking at: velodyne splI-1000, hsu vtf-3 mk2, paradigm pw-2200 and definitive supercube I. i'm leaning toward the velodyne or the hsu but wondering if anyone has advice or experience in the matter???

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 205
All good subs, SVS should also be considered.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pb10_isd.htm

this sub is definitely worth the money IMO at $429.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2147
Out of your available selection, I will go with the HSU, velodyne is next.

Post Number: 2
berny, i'm interested in why you would reccomend the HSU over the velodyne?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2153
I feel that it is more accurate whne it came to bass notes, i.e., bass guitar actually sounds like a base guitar. Don't get me wrong, the Velodyne is excellent. It is a personal thing.
cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 24
I heard the velodyne is good. But if you look at the specs and material use in their sub, you will notice they are build from "reinforced paper cone" - something like the BOSE (?)

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 96
Is there anything else in Velodyne's price range that produces "bass guitar" notes that sounds like a "bass guitar?" Or is Velodyne at the top of the list. I see that HSU runs a few hundred dollars more than Velodyne.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2173
I wouldn't worry too much about the reinforced paper cone material. They use that because it is less prone to warping during low passages in the source material. You need the proper amount of stiffness on subwoofers unlike polypropelyne cones which is more prone to flexing.

sinkdraiN,
What is keeping you from getting the HSU?

Post Number: 3
nothing...i got it. just set it up today...sounds awesome. thanks for the advice, it made dropping the cash and going with the HSU a whole lot easier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us