Budget Speakers for Marantz sr4400

Unregistered guest
Hi all,

Just got sr4400 and it's quite okay. Been using some old speakers for a while untill save enough bucks for a set of speaker and sub. :-)

My room is roughly 5meters by 4 meters.

some speaker package choice.

1. nsp436 yamaha,
the most affordable. Is it any good? seem like a basic set with sub woofer and all. sounds clean and bright.

2. Jamo appollo 1. can't remember the exact model. 150 bucks more

any suggestions?

Thanks guys. sorry for the silly question.

Bronze Member
Username: Creed

Post Number: 24
if you can find it, i would recommend you go for the Mission M70 cinema package...consists of 4 Mission M70, a Mission Centre channel M7C1, and a Mission subwoofer, great package at great price..

Bronze Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 71
I agree with Gan. The Missions go really well with Marantz receivers. Another one to consider would be the Mordaunt Short Premier package, which also includes a subwoofer, and is available in attractive finishes.

Unregistered guest
Hi Valeen and Gan,

Thanks for the recomendation.

Went for an audition and did listen to Mordant Short premier speakers.

I have to say the vocals are soooo nice.

I listened to JBL's scs20 which cost 900 sing dollar roughly 600 us dollar and mordnat short which is 1050 sing dollar.

Some how JBL perform much better with electronica whereas Mordant short is definately for concerts and vocals.

One thing that is very noticable is that MS blend perfectly well. it's seperated very well.

I've yet listened to mission.
Are M70 satelites or floor standing?

Anyone listen to SCS20 JBL?
I kinna like the sharpness of the speakers. Problem is it seems to cover the midrange with it's emphasis on tremble.

Thanks all.

Bronze Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 72
The M70's are large satellite speakers or small bookshelf speakers depending on your viewpoint. Sorry not heard JBL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us