Need front speaker recomendation

Username: Gecko

Post Number: 1
I plan on spending $6-700 a pair for the fronts and would like floor standing speakers as I listen to alot of music on the system.
The receiver is a Denon 1804 so i think I need some warmer sounding suggestions.

I have bookshelf speakers that I will use as surrounds for now and will probably buy a center channel at the same time as the new fronts.

Thanks
Pete

p.s. brands carried by Ultimate Electronics (Audio King) is a plus.

Post Number: 2
Sorry for the double post...

Room size is about 13' x 18' with 10' ceilings and one open wall ("L" shaped room is movie room and office around the corner).

Also the floor is all carpet and there is a pretty big soft couch too.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 162
I don't know anything about Ultimate Electronics but can tell you that the Paradigm Monitor 7 is exactly what you are looking for. They list for $699pr and are very, very nice. They would fill your room and will match as good as possible with your Denon. The matching center lists for $349 I believe.

Username: Browncow

Post Number: 4
For this price range, I would suggest Athena As-F2. The high range is sweet and the low range is pushing. The mid-range is ok accurate.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
therealelitefan ultimate electronics is at this web address www.ultimateelectronics.com
I liked how these infinitys sounded

pete

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks for the suggestions... Friday I am going to audition the Paradigms, some Monitor Audio Silver 6's and a few others.

The stores website is http://www.stereoland.com/ and the have a pretty extensive selection.

-Pete
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us