Polk RTI12 with pio 1014

Silver Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 146
i posted awhile ago about new speakers to go with a pioneer 1014. many of you suggested the polk audio RTi8 or RTi10. what about the RTi12's? im gonna go christmas shopping tomorrow and if i can get away with the 12's if you guys suggest then ill pick em up tomorrow.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 137
I was talking on another thread about the RTi12s. With 50W minimum recommended power and 500W maximum. I would recommend either a power amp or bi-wiring them with the rear two channels of a 7.1 receiver that is capable of that. I'm not sure how well the 2nd way works.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
so if i dont bi-wire them, you wouldnt suggest i get them? but the RTi8, and 10's are still a good choice? if they were to be bi-wired, there is no way to have a 7.1?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 138
The 8s and 10s are fine with single channel power.

Bi-wiring using a receivers rear channels takes away the ability to go 7.1, but using an external power amplifier through the front pre-outs will allow for 7.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
so all in all, do u you think its worth it to go with the 12's? it doesnt matter with the SB chanels being taken up by the 12's as he wont be useing a 7.1 setup anyway.. so really, should i even consider buying him the 12's or should i just stick with the 8's or 10's? thanx,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us