Getting started

Username: Jupriet

Post Number: 1
I'm thinking about buying my first surround sound. However, due to availabitlity of many brands in my country i'm stuck between Yamaha and Sony. It will be used for music and movies and i want 6.1. The budget for the receiver is US$800. I gladly take suggestions on matching speakers also.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 926
I would take Yamaha over Sony anytime. For your budget you can get either the 1500 or the 2500. For speakers I like Paradigm's with Yamaha very much.

Username: Jupriet

Post Number: 2
thanks, therealelitefan.

There is a slight problem with Yamaha. Its very difficult to find in comparison to a Sony. I've been able to find the Yamaha HTR-5630 only. I would like your advice regarding such a model. However, Sony is pretty abundant, and I can find any of the STR-DExx7 series (I believe its one of the latest, correct me if I'm wrong). Take into account i'm not an audiophile and probably will not use they system to extremely high volumes.

Thanks for the speaker suggestion, i will hunt them down, although they will be very difficult to find. I've found Sony SA-VE445H or Yamaha YHT-100.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us