Inexpensive Universal DVD Player?!!!

Anonymous

I'd like to buy a universal dvd player for around $200. I've looked at the pioneer DV-578A-S and the samsung HD841, but I'm not sure if there are any other good options in this price range. I'm particulalry looking for good/excellent audio for standard cds and sacd/dvd audio. Any help greatly appreciated! Video usage won't be as critical. Thanks.

Username: Mailman

Paarl, Western Cape South Africa

Post Number: 3
i am also looking for an inexpensive DVDA/SACD player which plays normal CD very good as well.

i also heard one can get upgrade sets, where can i ffind that ? please email me pras@wam.co.za

Thanks !

Silver Member
Username: Larry_r

Naples, FL

Post Number: 423
Well, the Pioneer 578 isn't as good as its predecessor - and the Samsung 841 has had lots of problems.
If you could "bump up" a little, I'd strongly urge the new Yamaha S1500 - about $360. I've got that one - only it is called 5770 - in silver, instead of black.
The Yamaha, BTW, was designed for music first, and video second - so it sounds very, very good!
See if you can find a place to audition it, and I think you might like it?
Any other recommendations by me would involv at least another $200 - which I don't feel is necessary to get pretty good sound. Good hunting.

Silver Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 164
If you don't mind getting a changer the Yamaha DVD-c750 can be had for $240. Sounds very good on DVD-A, SACD and CDs.

Anonymous

UNIVERSAL PLAYER BEST DESIGN

I had dinnerchinese guys of a HIFI factory in China recently,it got quite late, and they challenged me because i said they can not make a good SACD/DVDA player with good CD audio sound for a very sharp price, i said they can only copy
and i said it takes a smart design, and that my sister would do a better job,oops, sober again i realise its not that easy.H E L P i need ideas,suggestions,directions,when i win i get 3 bottles of a local 60 % poison, so please dont overdo okay ?

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 410
Right.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1233
Sure, I understand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts