Setting "Delay" on my HK

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 53
I have my new HK 330 all connected and I am enjoying the "tweaking" process. How should I set the delay on my HK?

I understand that all I have to do is put in the distance from each speaker. However, shouldn't I avoid delay altogether if I am listening to music from a cd, etc. I'm afraid that delay will muddy up the detail.

I was going to plug in the distances for all the movie and cinema surround modes then leave the music modes with no delay.

Is that thinking incorrect? If not, how do I remove delay from, say...Logic 7 music mode?

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 116
Good question. You can adjust the delay only on certain listening modes. So you can have seperate settings for pro logic II music and pro logic movies. I do know on stereo settings 2/5 channel the delay cannot be adjusted. So I have delay set for Dolby Digital and pro logic movies but not pro logic II music when I will be wandering around the listening area.

Bronze Member
Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 22
how much delay have you set your center channel to and the surround chanenls to in dolby digital?

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 117
HK sets the delay by how many feet the speakers are from your listening position.
It should be detailed in the manual
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us