Pioneer VSX 54 over the Marantz SR-6400

Username: Honk

Post Number: 1
My old amp, Nakamichi AV10, conked out. I've been searching the forums for a suitable replacement. I'm leaning towards the Pioneer VSX 54 over the Marantz SR-6400 however, I haven't been able to listen to either of them. I'm driving a pair of AR1's (self powered 15's) and smaller AR's in a 5.2 set up. My room is approx. 15' x 22' and my habits are about 70/30 AV/music. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

punkrock
Unregistered guest
rumor has it that the vsx-54 is better with music than its comparable counterparts. Head to head with a denon 3805 it sounds better. This is with defininitive tech speakers too.
only caution is 2 component vid in's. Denon has 3

Post Number: 3
guess i'll find out...ordering a 54tx today...btw,i will be plugging all of my video ins. directly into the tv...thanks.

quick q?
Unregistered guest
what vendor r-u using?
i-2 have been shopping around 4 the 54.

thanks

Post Number: 4
just got off of the phone with them...
i'm going with dt discounts.they supply a 30 day in-house warranty.i know it's russian roulette and i may regret it,but for $666.50 i'll give it a shot.(that,s with shipping & ins. (and i know the first digits sound forboding))

Post Number: 5
i,m sorry...that was 30 day defect replacement and one yr.in house warranty.

Post Number: 6
i,m sorry...that was 30 day defect replacement and one yr.in house warranty.not!a manufacturer's warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us