Whats a good receiver at a reasonable price?

Username: Ckyhigh

Post Number: 1
I had a really bad receiver. It was part of a home theater package made by sony that was pretty cheap. Not knowing anything about receivers, I hooked some bose 301's to it. Needless to say the receiver blew. Whats a good receiver at a reasonably cheap price, that will power these speakers(and some really crappy sony satelites)?

Bronze Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 23
Travis:

Look at the Onkyo 502, usually $299, now on sale at Circuit City and Crutchfield for $269. It was a recommended budget reciever by audioholics.com. I have owned Onkyo in the past. They have a nice smooth sound.

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 61
You can usually get a refurbished 502 for about $200.

edster922
Unregistered guest
eCost has the Onkyo 502 for $163 refurb, to be exact. And the next step up, the 601, for $260 refurb.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
yes i am interested in some opinions on a new receiver. looking for 7.1 receiver setup. My budget is 1300-1500. Any suggestions? Looking for warm clean sound. 70% movies 30% music

Bronze Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 32
Hifi.com has a Marantz SR4400 for $299.99 With Free S/H. That's the best you can do.

Bronze Member
Username: Agimat

Post Number: 57
Dustin333

Try the new ARCAM 250, very warm and clean sound and fits your budget.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
check postin CANT DECIDE on MESSAGE BOARD
for update where im at that i cant decide

dustin333
Unregistered guest
check postin CANT DECIDE on MESSAGE BOARD
for update where im at that i cant decide

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 886
Dustin,
Per your description I would add the Elite vsx56[$997 at dynaco.com], the Marantz 7400 or new 7500, the H/K 630 and the NAD 763.

Username: Ckyhigh

Post Number: 2
i dont know a whole lot about stereo stuff, so i have never heard of marantz or arcam. i will have to check them out. how does marantz compare to yamaha, denon, or hk?

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 28
it just blows them away it it the bomb i would say the best receiver that are recomended here are arcam nad pioneer elite and marantz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us