Klipsch RF-35 with Denon 2805?

Anonymous

Ordered a pair of RF-35 with a RW-12 sub. I previewed these at a local hi-fi shop using a Denon 2805. Sounded good to me but I am new to this. Is this a good match or is there better?

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 79
Might be a bit bright, depends on your taste. Klipsch are really energetic speakers so you may want to look to a warmer receiver to tone them down, Denon tends to be on the bright side.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 859
Kano is right as he has been all day today. I have a long time Klipsch dealer who has also sold Denon and Elite receivers and I have heard both combos many times over the years and the Elite's are a far better match with the bright Klipsch. Check out dynaco.com for very good Elite prices and I suggest you look at the vsx-54. It would be perfect for your budget and your speakers. Also check out Pioneer's website. pioneerelectronics.com I think.
The Marantz receivers would also be fine but for Klipsch I don't think there is a better match than Elite's and I say this from many years of hearing them together, not because I personally like the Elite lin so much. As in sports it all comes down to match ups.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us