My H/K AVR 630 On Screen Menu looks funky on my TV?

bubuna
Unregistered guest
Hi gang, I think I might have made a mistake exchanging the avr 130(thinking it didnt have enough power 50 watts a ch) for the avr 630 (90 watts ch)?
I only paid $388cnd for the avr130 and the avr 630 was $1000cnd both on clearance.

With the avr 630 on I no longer need a portable heater, it gets real hot!

Anyways back to the subject, does anyone else have a problem with the OSD? the blue background does not look right. flickering almost like it's on PAL.

I Have it connected with S video.

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 78
I noticed the same thing with my AVR430, I have yet to try it with a composite video cable, but the bigger piss off for me is that I recently ran the component cables from my Xbox and DVD player through the receiver and don't get any OSD with that setup! The picture is in fact slightly better, but I can't even get an OSD with nothing turned on.

Is the intent that you use the OSD on its very own TV input or does it actually work if you run everything through S-Video?

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 256
bubuna, I hope you didn't spend nearly 3 times the money just to be able to turn the volume knob by an extra 3 dB... It does have extra features, but the OSD seemd buggy. No such problem on my 325.

Kano, the h/k manual is very clear. There is no OSD on component. Use an S-Video input on your monitoe for the OSD. I always download a manual and read it before I buy. I hope this won't be too much of an inconvenience for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 82
Naw, I was expecting the volume graph to be oversampled onto the screen but upon more thinking I realise that would be very difficult to work into a component signal.

An S-video cord just for an OSD seems like overkill, I think I'll dig around for a composite cable so I can adjust the crossovers.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 259
Kano wrote:

An S-video cord just for an OSD seems like overkill, I think I'll dig around for a composite cable so I can adjust the crossovers.

Absolutely! Sorry about not thinking of that off the bat!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us