Old Sony Stereo, having problems!

Username: Skythefly

Medford, Oregon United States

Post Number: 1
Alright, Im just a teenager who loves to blast his music for everyone to hear. Ive used this stereo for about 8 years, and it has ALWAYS been able play as loud as I would like it to. This stereo is a Sony, MHC-C70, and its from around maybe 1996 when I got it. Recently, there has been static in just one of the speakers (2 speakers). I just let it go and I would play my music trying to ignore it. When we were all rearranging my room one day, the stereo was put on the floor, (and it is kind of like a 2 deck system, just connected to eachother by a cord on the back). The deck on the top was nudged over the edge of the bottom deck and just fell maybe about 5 inches at the MOST. I set up the stereo again, only to find out that There was barely any sound in one speaker now, and in the other, no sound was coming out at all. When I turn the music up loud now, it seems almost bubbly, if you can picture that. The backround sounds are very high and you can barely hear any vocals. There is a VERY loud clicking/bouncing sound that you can most definitely hear. What in the WORLD is wrong? Ive switched the speakers around just to make sure that it isnt anything of that sort, and everything comes out the same. NOTE: Ive even tried putting headphones into the system and the sound comes out perfect like it always had! WHATS GOING ONNNNNN!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 587
You might want to get another one - ask your parents since Christmas is coming up.

You can do better than your sony - see here.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/111495.html

Username: Keni

Post Number: 1
Skyler - ignore the man above... He's right in some respect, but wrong in others...

Its an old beast, but thats why we buy Sony right, they last...

The MHC-C70 was my first and ONLY HiFi purchase.

I call the problem you have "fluff"

I reckon a good air brush of the dust out of all the areas in the box should sort it out...

I'll let you know once I take it all apart and give it a good blow... (now that reminds me, whats that site again)

K

G-Rod
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony MCH-C70 stereo, old but very good. When I put in a CD I get a "NO DISK" message. It won't play CD's. What should I do and please don't say to get a new one. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 716
Might want to try cleaning the lense carefully with a cutton ball dipped in water or alcohol gently. Sometimes the dust prevents it from being read.

If that doesn't work, try other CDs. If other cds work, than try cleaning the ones that do not gently with soap water. If the CDs are scratched, try using "Brasso" from a hardware store.

If that doesn't work, I am afraid it's time to get a new one - or an old one from ebay.

CD mechanism tend to break down after a while - you could replace the mechanism, but this is done with expensive gears a lot - might be better to get a different one on ebay.

Faiz
Unregistered guest
Hey, im haveing a problem with 2 of my sysetms, their both diffrent brands, ones a panasonic 5 cd mini system, the other is a sony 3 cd mini system, ans they both have the same problem. The cd plays and the radio on both, i kno this becouse when you put headphones in the headphone jack it plays flawlessly. i asked a freind n he said that it might be the power chip for the speaker output. can anyone help me.

Faiz
Unregistered guest
thiers nothing comming out from the speaker output. no sound what soever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us