Denon UD-M50

KBear
Unregistered guest
I'll probably pick this baby up. I'm just trying to determine speakers. If the amp says 30W + 30W (6ohms), does that mean you have to get speakers that are quoted at 6 ohms? There is a pair of Polk speakers I think I'd love to buy with this system, but they are quoted at 8 ohms. Not sure what to do. I may just go with the Missions that come with the system, they did sound really nice.

Others I'm still considering are the Yamaha MCR-E300 and the Onkyo MC35TECH...but the Denon looked and sounded great so I'm leaning in that direction. I'd love to find the Onkyo somewhere, but little luck so far.

As I said, I'm confused with matching speakers and amp. Stuff I've read only confuses me more. If anyone can help, that'd be great.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 584
The polks can be used with the Denon.
I like the mission speaker better though.
It's smaller, but better sound. With the polk, you will get bigger sound - more room filling.

You might want to consider this one - it's on sale for 50% off. It has better amp than the ones you were looking at - class A.

It comes with stands and rack for $200 something.

It looks great too - like an executive system.
Champaign metal finish, with good looking finish on speakers.

http://www.goleather.com/detail.asp?product_id=HM601

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 586
Here is the onkyo :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67802%26item%3D5735515629 %26%26

http://www.abtelectronics.com/scripts/site/site_product.php3?id=9756&setflag=110 2375026

KBear
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info James. I'm leaning more toward a pair of Paradigm Monitor 3s right now.

I'll take a look at that Kenwood.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a workshop manual for the Denon UD-M50 to show the mechanics & how the coggs align on the various disc trays? Thanks Mark

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a workshop manual for the Denon UD-M50 to show the mechanics & how the coggs align on the various disc trays? Thanks Mark

Username: Digger1

Post Number: 1
HI I JUST BOUGHT A UD-50 AND PAIRED IT UP WITH A PAIR OF AIWA 3-WAY BOOK SHELF 6-OHM SPEAKERS WITH 2 BASS PORTS IN EACH IM SHOCKED AT HOW GOOD
THIS SYSTEM SOUNDS AND IV HEARD MANY VERY HIGH END SYSTEMS MUST BE THE CLASS A AMPLIFIER THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I KEEP GETTIND A MECHANICAL ERROR MESSAGE IN THE CD CHANGER SECTION AND DOESNT SEEM TO WORK IF ANYONE HAS A SUGGESTION
I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT THANK YOU MY
E-MAIL IS zapman1951@yahoo.com

Username: Digger1

Post Number: 2
IF ANY BODY CAN TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE CD CHANGER
OR IF I CAN GET A WHOLE NEW SECTION TO PUT IN MY
DENON UD-M50 I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT
CONTACT ME AT zapman1951@yahoo.com
THANK YOU. PS I BOUGHT THE UNIT USED AND WORKS FINE EXCEPT I GET MACHANICAL ERROR MESSAGES AND THE CD SECTION DOESNT WORK.

Username: Kbear

Post Number: 8
Can't help you much Michael. I bought the system (ended up pairing it with Energy Connoisseur C-1 speakers and a Mission MS-8 sub, no complaints). But I'll tell you one thing, when the CD changer is loading a new disc it really makes a racket, and if you look closely you can see the whole tray moving up and down in it's compartment as it's chugging away. Sometimes when loading it seems to get caught but it keeps on trying and eventually loads. I'm sure it'll fail one day, but I've used it for almost three years now and it's still going.

Username: Mortgagemagicmsncom

I LOST MY OWNER MANUAL FOR UD-M50,
BUT I HAVE THE REPAIR / SERVICE MANUAL FOR IT .
I WILL TRADE / EXCHANGE ( DOWNLOADS ), WITH ANYONE THAT HAS A COPY , OF THE OWNERS MANUAL.
I PREFER A DOWNLOAD !!!!

Username: Johnbevanvirginnet

My Denon UD-M50 CD Auto Changer Receiver no longer auto changes. Having opened the case to observe the mechanism, I find that, with a little manual assistance to the rear gate that clamps the chosen CD, I can get auto change to work by assisting the gate to rise far enough. The gate goes up and down in a track that I have lubricated sparsely with light oil, but that still does not get the mechanism to work unaided. What should I do?

Post Number: 2
My UD-M50, after oiling, changes CDs OK when loaded with 3 CDs but fails to operate on its own after one or more CDs are taken out. I suspect that the mechanism is made by Sanyo and is used in a number of other brand's 3 CD autochanger units. I've just bought a faulty Denon UD-M5, hoping the the auto changer in it is the same as in the UD-M50 and is not faulty. I'll let you know what happens when I get it and try to fit it.

Username: Eileen

What is the price of the UD-M50 does anyone know where I can get the best deal at. Thanks

Post Number: 3
The CD autochanger in the UD-M50 and UD-M5 are quite different, so bang goes the idea that I could just swap autochangers. However I've now bought a second faulty UD-M5, with a different set of faults, and am hoping to put together one that works.

I'd suggest that you try eBay for UD-M50's if you must have one - they will probably all be used. If you register with eBay you can do a search of completed sales to see how much you will have to pay. However I'd recommend that you buy something else, without a wear prone CD autochanger like the UD-M50's eg a UD-M30.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us