Remote for old HK?

Username: Jimr

Richmond, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
Original remote for HK880Vxi receiver, circa 1989-90, has worn-out circuit board contact for volume decrease (problem is definitely in board, not keypad). No response to inquiry on HK site. Anyone know where to find a universal remote that would work, or another idea? Thanks. Jim

J.Vigne
Unregistered guest

If the problem is in the reciever a new remote won't help. If the problem is in the remote's board get a universal remote that will accept a code for HK.

Username: Jimr

Richmond, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
Sensor in receiver is fine because remote volume increase works. I was told universal remotes don't work for units pre-1990. Not true? thx

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

If I'm understanding correctly, the problem is in the remote and everything but the volume down function works. Correct?

I would say your answer depends on who told you a new remote won't work. I would call HK and ask about codes. If they have changed pick a learning remote you like and call the manufacturer of the remote. Ask if the can give you the correct code for your model HK. Occassionally they can download files over the phone to make a remote learn your product.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us