Net-tune Genre Hacking

Username: Jastaylor

Post Number: 7
Okay so I'm a dork and wrote a perl script to auto-populate exported itunes playslists to musicmatch .m3us and then down to net-tune centrals silly .tsv formats with renaming (I think NT only like 8 char filenames) and timestamp checking... works like a charm!

But what I REALLY want to do is hack the genres so I can make betters ones (e.g., Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.). The problem is I've had no success hacking genredef.tsv to add new genres or rename existing ones. I can add a new mapping at the end (genredef.tsv has 4 sections: 1-Net-tunes genres & Ids 2&3-Not sure but look like mappings of some sort 4-CDDB genres and Ids) by changing or even adding new lines in the 4th section of the .tsv but I've had no success with the actual list as it displays on the receiver. I've shut the PC down to account for caching and the receiver as well... admitted I haven't killed the power completely to the receiver but I would guess it gets all it needs when it "wakes up" depending on your wake on lan setting.

Has any one successfully hacked this file? I know I can make playlists but it bothers me that the net-tune genres are either too vague (Pop) or too bizarre (Synthpop).

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 69
Here you will find audio geeks.

Check for computer geeks next door.

Username: Jastaylor

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the insightful response...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help