Do I need an amp for my subwoofer?

Username: Static_x

Post Number: 1
A friend gave me an old JBL Power Series sub, and he says I won't need an amp, and that I can just hook the sub directly up to my car stereo. Is this true? I know it won't be as loud or anything, but can I hook the sub up to my car stereo directly?

Thanks!

Username: Camaro_rs_7669

Ft lauderdale, Florida Us

Post Number: 3
Yes you can directly put the sub directly to your stereo. My friend doesnt have a amp or anything and he has 2 10's and they still thump good.

Username: Trracer

Sebec, Maine USA

Post Number: 1
u can do that yes, but underpowering the sub by running it off the head unit is horrible for the sub and will beat the hell outta it, i suggest u at least get a small amp b4 u blow the sub from underpowering

Unregistered guest
u stupid stupid people it is a powered sub wich means it has a built in amplifier wich means u just hook it up directly to ur head unit and thats how it is suposed to go and u cannot blow a sub by underpowering it

Anonymous

ive got 2 200watt speakers off my mate and i want to know if i can hook them up straight to my c.d player or wether i need an amp.

Anonymous

will a sony explode 12" 1200w sub work with a calibra cyclops 1200w monoblock? and what wireing will i need? what box do i need for deep bass. this is all just for my room since im too young to own a car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us