Wiring for 3-pairs of speakers

Username: Audiojunkie

Valparaiso, IN

Post Number: 1
Has anyone ever heard of a stereo receiver that can switch between 3-different pairs of stereo speakers? My in-laws gave me a challenge: they want to be able to listen to up to 3-pairs of speakers, obviously in different rooms. They want the ability to switch between any combination of the 3-pairs or listen to all 3 pairs at the same time. They currently have a receiver with an A/B switch, now they want to add the 3rd pair of speakers outside. ANy suggestions on how I can wire the 3rd pair?
Thanks in advance,
Rob

Scott M
Unregistered guest
Rob,

I'm a complete novice at this stuff and asking for lots of advice myself, so don't hold me to anything... But I think you only need to buy a speaker selector. I'm setting up a home system currently and have my surround sound system on my A switch w/a speaker selector connected by my B switch. The speaker selector then connects to speakers in my patio and two other rooms in the house. You simply push the button (or buttons) for whichever rooms you want to have sound in. It's kind of like a TV splitter I think? I got my speaker selector on ebay (http://search.ebay.com/speaker-selector_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40) but you can get them at a local electronics store too I'm sure.

The one thing I'm not sure about though is how this affects the wattage, ohms, performance, etc of the speakers as you begin to bog down your receiver...

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth and it's probably not even worth that... Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us