Speakers for Denon 3805

Username: Thundergod

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello all...welcome a newbie to the group. I am looking for a set of speakers (5.1) to match a Denon 3805 receiver for my theatre. My budget is $1000 CDN (+/-). I am considering a pair of Paradigm Monitor 5Vs, a pair of mini-monitors and a CC370. That will blow my budget (I will have to negotiate with my wife for a sub). Any comments? Any alternate suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 780
The only other speaker I usually recommend with Denon is PSB. Both are laid back and help tame the brightness and thiness of Denon. You are on the right track and I personally like Paradigm's very much.

Silver Member

Post Number: 781
If you haven't yet take a look and listen to the Paradigm PS1000 and 1200. Very good subs for the money. Forgot to mention that in my first post.

Username: Thundergod

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks real. The guy at the store said the same. One question (you can tell I am realy am new to this kind of stuff)....these are onwall speakers (Paradigm also makes a set of bookshelves using the same drivers and configurations). Would they be OK to build in to an entertainment unit? Or would the bookshelves be better suited to that? Or neither?

Silver Member

Post Number: 785
As a general rule I advise against entertainment units because they often force people to be too restricted on the size of components and speakers they can use and putting speakers inside cabinets is not the best thing to do sonically. It's not terrible by any means but bookshelf speakers should optimally be placed on a good set of stands. I prefer a seperate rack for audio and another for the monitor and other video equipment or storage or whatever. Large entertainment centers a a real pain to try to work with also. I thought you were refering the Monitor 5 22" bookshelf speaker and I highly recommend it and that it be placed on stands as a first option. If that doesn't work for you then by all means get wall mounted as next option but resist putting your speakers inside the unit. The important part is to pair the Denon with the best match possible and for my money that's Paradigm whatever the style.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 12
i have had a demo that is still vivid in my memory DENON 3805 with B&W 600 makes a killer combo awesome
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us