Wharfedale Diamond 8 series: Pro's & Con's

Bronze Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 18
The Wharfedale Diamond 8 series seems to be the least expensive, seemingly high quality speaker, from a reputable manufacturer.

What say you? I have not heard them.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 885
The new Diamond 9 series is out and it should be noticeably better than the 8 series. The Wharfedales are warm, full and quite muddy and undetailed.

OnimushaLord
Unregistered guest
The latest budget speaker to beat is the Wharfedale 9.1 (GBP180 = small change for some??)
Apart from the moderate build quality, the sound is more than good for the price, albeit a little on the bright side before breaking in. They also came out with an award winning sub that is cheap and drab looking but weighs a tonne. I shall audition the sub this week, my dealer has the fullrange of the Diamonds 9 in store :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 19
As far as I can tell, the Wharfedale Diamond 9's are NOT available in the States yet. Maybe I'm wrong.

The 8's where being liquidated (I think?) a few weeks ago on buy.com, amazon.com & buy some guy on eBay. The ebay guy was selling the 8.1's for something like $120. delivered. Since then he has jacked-up his prices a bit & removed the free s/h.

I think amazon still has some 8's

Ive
Unregistered guest
Regarding the Diamond 9's... Does anyone know if they use rubber surrounds for their mid/bass drivers like they do on the 8's or Evo series? Their site specifies an "MSBR" cone surround for the 9's. Does anyone know what this is? (foam, butyl, etc?) Thanks very much in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us