Volume level on my velodyne cht-10..help!

Username: Dmader

Post Number: 5
Need some help here. I have a new velodyne cht-10. I have a sub cable plugged into one of the input jacks (I don't have a "Y" splitter yet). I have the crossover knob set to 40hz. I have the switch on the back set to DIRECT. In my reciever (H/K 525), I have the crossover sedt to 40hz. I also have the sub control in my receiver that will allow me to control the sub volume as high as it will go, AND I have the volume control on the sub to MAX. But there isn't much at all coming trhough the sub. Even if I wanted to turn up the sub more, I can't since everything is at MAX. What is wrong here. I have another sub and I can't turn it nearly all the way up for fear of blowing it.

Ami I doing somethign wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 121
I guess we don't see anything wrong...
Try a higher crossover freq a little higher (or all the way up to see if anything comes out).

Username: Kano

Post Number: 9
40Hz is pretty low. Only the deepest bass will come through the sub at that crossover.

THX recommends 80Hz.

I run mine at 60Hz since I have some good floorstanders which get down to 40Hz

Bronze Member
Username: Triedit

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 13
David,
Do you have the Sub cable coming from the correct output on the receiver? I believe that this is purple on the back of the receiver.

Do you have the sub turned on in the speaker set up menu? This should read SUB (LFE).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us