NAD T753 firmware info?

Username: Larsa

Post Number: 1
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get a NAD T753 to display its firmware version, and similar things?

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 49
Don't know if it is the same, but on my T762, you press the "video" and "audio" input selector buttons simultaneously on the front of the receiver. Give that a try, but it might be different on the newer models...I haven't had the chance to look at one yet.

Post Number: 2
The front panels are quite different. I don't see any such buttons on the T753:

NAD T752: http://www.nadelectronics.com/images/av_receivers/T752big.jpg
NAD T753: http://www.nadelectronics.com/images/av_receivers/T753big.jpg

Post Number: 53
Lars,

I looked at the link you provided of a picture of the T753, and the front panel looks almost identical to that on my T762 (notice, not 752 like you posted the link for). Like I said, try pressing the "audio" and "video" buttons on the front of the receiver simultaneously. Although the picture on the link is too small for me to tell for sure, it looks as though, just as they are on my receiver, the "audio" and "video" buttons are the third and fourth buttons from the left on the bottom row of buttons on the front of your receiver. They are just to the right of the "speaker A and B" buttons.

Anonymous

I am looking at a T753 right now. There are no "audio" buttons. The bottom row of buttons left to right are as follows: video 6, speaker A, speaker B, tone control, tone defeat, levels, surround mode, <source,>. The top row for the most part are AM/FM, search and display functions. Hope that helps.

Post Number: 57
If that is the case, then apparently the picture of the 753 on the NAD website (same as the link above) must not be correct. I have never seen a 753, but obviously the picture and the actual unit must be different. Sorry if I have confused anyone. The best thing I could suggest then to find the firmware version would be to either call your dealer, or write an email to NAD and ask them what procedures you need to follow. Once again, I appologize for any confusion. Apparently NAD needs to check the pictures on their website.

Post Number: 7
You are right. The image at the end of http://www.nadelectronics.com/images/av_receivers/T753big.jpg is not of a T753 - I just assumed it was. No need to apologize.

Post Number: 8
I've notified their webmaster of the problem.

Post Number: 12
Got a reply back from the webmaster. The picture *is* actually of a T753, but from a prototype stage. The front panel design was changed sometime after the picture was taken, before the production line was started.

Post Number: 14
...and to answer my own question that started the whole thread - feedback from NAD tech-support indicates that I should get the T753 firmware info if I hold in "VIDEO" and "TONE CONTROL". I figure "VIDEO 6" is what was meant since there is no "VIDEO" button. Haven't tried it yet...

Anonymous

Lars, Confirmed! Pressing the "video 6" and "tone control" buttons simultaneously and releasing will give the firmware info. Look quick because it doesn't stay on the display for very long. My version is V1.27. I am still waiting for my third T753 to show up. Hopefully I will get one without "bugs".

Post Number: 15
I have v1.27 too. I thought it was shown quite long though - no speed problems for me. Don't think I had to hold them in long either (didn't think about holding them in for three seconds or anything like that, which I believe I read somewhere for other NAD models?).

Anonymous

Just picked a T753 and noticed that the fan started immediately on power up. Is this normal?

Other than this quirk, I really like the unit, though I've only had it a few days. Sound is quite transparent.

Darren
Unregistered guest
Anyone know how to get the firmware info on the T773? Or is it the same as the T753?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Just thought I should mention that - this on a T753 - holding in VIDEO 6 and TONE DEFEAT together for some time did the reset thing, as expected.

There were more things to doing resets, I believe I read in another thread a while back (regarding the T752). You only reset the active DSP, or something, and I think there was mention of turning the unit off and on again while holding some buttons or something - I haven't tried anything like that. I just witnessed that the front panel stayed fully lit for a second or two, and then it went back to normal. Didn't lose my input settings or anything (not checked radio tuner settings afterwards though).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Darren: Don't know. It's probably holding in "AUDIO" + "VIDEO" if you have those on the T773, or "VIDEO 6" + "TONE CONTROL" if the front panel button row is reduced like on the T753. Try it - it shouldn't hurt ;)

Username: Castolfo

Post Number: 1
Just got off the phone with my NAD rep.. for the T753, he advises this process..

-> while the unit is on.. hold VIDEO6 and SOURCE right button (the outer two buttons on the bottom row) down for 5 sec's- the display will change a message

-> let go of them and the firmware will reset

-> turn the main power off (black pushbutton on the back of the receiver)

-> power back on... and you have a clean slate

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Hmm, maybe VIDEO6 + TONE DEFEAT is something else then?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us