Connection questions for Elite VSX-55TXi

Username: Davidnr

Post Number: 4
Last night I tried to set-up my new Pioneer Elite receiver VSX-55TXi with my existing system which includes:

Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai SACD/DVD player - iLink (audio) to receiver and S-Video to TV.
JVC Hi-Fi VCR - RCA (red, white, yellow) to receiver
Digital Cable Box - RCA to receiver
Sony KP-51HW60 - no direct connection
HP EW-5000 Media Receiver - S-Video to TV and RCA to CD input on receiver
Klipsch KG 4.2 front speakers
Klipsch SC.5 center speaker
Klipsch Quintet rear speakers
Velodyne CT80 Subwoofer

My set-up failed because I wasn't able to get the OSD working. I couldn't get any sound out of the DVD through the iLink. So I had to use the optical input to get sound. The audio output from the cable was horrible and limited to my left front speaker. The HP Media Center worked great. Should I connect the receiver directly to the TV via component cables and bypass the Digital cable box? Why wouldn't my iLink pass the audio from the DVD? The receiver recognized the DVD player from a remote control standpoint and the DVD player set-up detected the receiver. I am confused here and frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Harbolt

Post Number: 26
I have a vsx-53tx. I can tell you this. I don't use an ilink so can't really help you on that. But, everything should be going into your receiver and you should only have one svideo coming out of your receiver into the tv. There should be a svideo out on the back of the receiver that says monitor out. This should go into your tv. Then, there should be svideos on the back of the receiver for you to run your dvd player in to that as well as any other svideo components. As far as the ilink. You might have to assign the input to pick it up. When you get your OSD working, you can go in and try to assign the ilink input to your dvd. Hope this helps a little.

Brent

Username: Davidnr

Post Number: 5
Thanks Brent. I finally got the OSD and iLink working. Only issue now is the Digital Cable Box. I have to get an HDTV compatible one so I can take advantage of the digital video and audio connections. I like the Atlanta Scientific Explorer 8000HD which my cable company offers.

Username: Harbolt

Post Number: 27
David. Glad you got almost everything working. The digital cable box sounds like a good one. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brent
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us