Need Help Rotel Receiver Repair

Unregistered guest
Have a Rotel RSX-965. Bought it from someone who thought it was just a bad power supply. The first tech who looked at it thought so too.

Turns out the guy really didn't know what he was doing. I had a second tech look at it, he now speculates that it is the chip on the front panel board that turns everything on. However, we have had no luck with Rotel to get either the chip, or the board.

As with everything else, at some point you have to start replacing parts to see what the exact cause is, and if it fixable. In this circumstance, we are not even able to get the parts from Rotel. I have even talked to the guy at their parts; I have gotten 3 stories: (1) I can get the board, but it will cost a lot; (2) I don't have any of the boards, and they are not making them anymore, and (3) can't get you the chip.

At this point my thought is to try to find a replacement chip and see if my tech friend can pin it in. The boards are in good shape, as is the unit (in the sense that there is no obvious burns or hot spots; case does not look like it has ever been dropped). That's the problem.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement front board, or where I can find a replacement chip of that sort? Or someone that is really experienced with repairing Rotel?

I did talk to one out of state tech, and he said he sees a lot of units, of all kinds, where that chip in particular goes bad. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us