Enough power for brahma's

Username: Ryan_l

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 4
is one jbl 1200.1 enough power for two 12" adire brahmas in a sealed box from subzero? or should i get another 1200 watt amp?

Johnathan
Unregistered guest
yes that will do nicley

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 463
ryan i dont know the power handling of them but i will say watch the alternator cuz you may kill it or at the very least loose voltage because of insufficient alternator and that means less power (amp x volts sustained = power output - loss of amplifier efficiency 20% loss for class d 40% i think for class ab)

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 5
what alternator should i get then?

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 39
i agree what sean said. get u a better alt and your good to go. the jbl will push them nicely, but they wont reach full excursion. i would feed them close to about 1000 watts each in that box.

Bronze Member
Username: Angelofdeath132

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 24
is that JBL 1200.1 or JL 1200.1? only reason i'm askin is cause i'm throwing around ideas myself, and that's one of the configs. i'm thinkin about.

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
heres a post from glasswolf a while back my bad so if they are two ohm dvcs each woofer like i think youll be just fine with the jbl 1200.1

GlassWolf
Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest , Michigan
USA

Post Number: 4347
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 10:12 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adire makes great subs
the Shiva 12" needs around 300-400 watts for peak performance.
the Brahma, it's big brother, needs around 600 watts RMS for a 12" to reach peak output in a good box.

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 6
JBL. JL does not have a 1200 watt amp. I was seriously considering a jl audio 1000.1 amp but i didnt want to pay $900.

Silver Member

Post Number: 465
but id still invest in a good alternator upgrade even with just that one amp if i remember right that amp has a 120 amp fuse granted it wont reach full fuse rating but thats larger than any factory alternator can take with accessories plus the fact that you want an amp for your highs which equals more alternator draw get like a 200 amp if you can thats what id suggest

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
that was over priced be glad you didnt get the jl amp your jbl is not that far off quality wise plus it produces more power

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
i could by three of my mtx amps puttin out 1500 rms each for bout 960 shipped lol

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 7
how much would that alternator run me? also I am going to be dynamatting my whole car so that should reduce rattling right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
yes dynamat would reduce rattling but i have a cheaper alternative for you

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/76225.html
also depends on what kind of car you have but for me a 200 amp would be 265 bucks from www.mralternator.com i think and another place glasswolf recommended was www.alterstart.com i think youll get more power just upgrading your alternator so that will help with the brahmas too cuz you sustain more voltage

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
sorry heres the link for the dynamatt option

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/337124/6

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 8
i have a 2001 lincoln ls v8 if that helps. The salesmen at sound advice told me that an alternator would run me at least $500 for the system i have. Thanks for the site

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
sorry that alterstart link was wrong its

http://www.4alterstart.com/

im looking up your car now

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
well im having a hard time finding it maybe it would be best to call these places i gave you

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 9
i'll do that, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us