How important is dynamat?

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 18
hey guys im about to throw 2 12's (VMAXs) in my 94 reg. cab GMC 1500. I was wondering how important it is to install dynamat or noise dampening material and since i have a reg. cab truck, where would be the best locations to put it? i was thinking maybe the doors and possibly behind my seat when the box is going to go. any information on how well this stuff works would be greatly appreciated, i know you wont let me down! -ryan

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 16
Don't put any on until you think you need it. If nothing shakes, rattles, or makes any noise, you aren't going to need any at all. Go take a look at http://www.dynamat.com/
especially at the FAQ.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 320
i disagree id do it. Dynamat can make a huge difference in how your car audio sounds. Its not just about the rattles. Dynamat is god for keeping the road noise out and and the music in. It makes for a much better listening environment where you dont have to turn the stereo way up to acheieve the same sound as prior to dynamating. I know when i get my speakers Ill be dynamating my entire car with atleast one layer.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 961
It isn't just for rattles, it deadens sound, including resonances from speakers (which will ALWAYS happen in a car) and from outside the vehicle. Remember that if the music is 3 db louder from sound deadening, it is equivalent to having twice the amplifier power.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 51
a guy i know has 2,000 sqft of dynamat in his tahoe(4 13w7s)

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 23
also you could check out this stuff..... http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/337124/6

I have also talked with a guy at the nationals who was once 13th in the world for his class and he said he dynamated his omni but when he did the one door he lost 1 db so id say do testing with a meter as you do it if you want to get down to the nitty gritty like this guy did.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 20
if i was to buy some dynamat, what places would you suggest putting it? keep in mind i have a reg. cab truck so theres no truck or anything like that. thanks fellas

Username: Spl_superman

JACKSONVILLE, NC USA

Post Number: 2
definitely dynamat everything you can. it can increase spl by 1-3 db. in your truck i would do the floor board, the back wall and the door panels. do as much as you can. then you'll have to just listen and trace all rattles. if you can do the ceiling do that as well, this will increas the sound and accoustics of ur system. good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us