Is this amp compatible with these subs?

Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA

Post Number: 1
im currently looking to buy 2 12's for my 94 silverado. i have decided on purchasing 2 of the Audiobahn AW1205Q 12" Ultra Excursion Subwoofer ( http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=audaw1205q&rpc=367&catid=369&store= ) the amp i am considering is the PowerAcoustik A2400DB 2400 Watts Class D Series Amplifier ( http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=powa2400db&rpc=302&catid=305&store= ) here are the specs on each.

Sub:
Massive 180 oz. Double Stacked Strontium Magnets
Power Handling: 1000 watts RMS
Frequency Response: 23Hz - 700Hz
Efficiency: 92.9 dB
Bolt-Tight Motor Structure
PHAT 2" Foam Surround
Laminated Glass Fiber Composite/Pulp Cone
3" 4-Layer ASV Voice Coil
Dual 2 Ohm
1 Ohm or 4 Ohm Operation
Mounting Dimensions:
Depth: 6 3/8"; Hole: 11 1/8"; Diameter: 12 3/4"
Multi-connect Lug Lock Terminals

Amp:
Hi Speed Digital Circuitry
Fully Regulated PWM Power Supply
Four Way Protection
1 Ohm Stable Stereo
Bridging Synchronization
Remote Dash Mount Low Level Gain Control With Cable
System Distress Indicator
Dual Mono Speaker Output Connectors
Gold Plated Heavy Duty Power & Speaker Terminals
900W @ 4Ohms
1400W @ 2Ohms
1800W RMS/2400W Max
Frequency Response: 15Hz to 150Hz
S/N Ratio: 100 dB
THD: 0.5%
Variable Low Pass 50Hz-150Hz
Variable Subsonic Filter 15Hz-40Hz
Variable Subwoofer EQ @ 45Hz
Phase Switch: 0-180
Inputs Sensitivity: 200mV-8V
Dimensions (L x W x H): 15" x 11" x 2.3"

if i run the subs at 4 ohms, then this amp should pump 900watts to each sub correct? please let me know if these 2 products will work fine together. thanks for all you help!

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 905
It would work, but a horrible setup for the money, no offense. What are you willing to spend? You could do a lot better with the cost. With two of those subs, you'd get a 2 ohm load, and 1400 watts total, 700 to each sub. Those subs have poor sound quality and mediocre SPL, especially for the power you give them. Both the subs and amp are build very poorly and are unreliable, for the price you can get much better equipment for the cash.

Username: Youngblood

Post Number: 2
Dont get audiobahn ....there are way better subs for less if not the same exact price....id look into getting 2 12" adire shiva...all ive heard is very very good things about adire. I think Glasswolf will agree with me on this one...unless you like audiobahn and have the money then id go with something else...Plus 2 12" adire shivas run about $125 apiece, are better woofers, and wont require as big of an amp as the audiobahn.

Stockton, CA

Post Number: 3
im willing to spend around $750 or so on subs/amp/speakers. on that etronics website i had 2 of those 12's, the amp, a pair of 4x6's, and a kenwood deck for 850$ i thought that was a pretty decent price and i had heard audiobahn slumps but from your guys post i hear otherwise. what subs/amp would you suggest? i dont want to pay a few bucks less to get something that wont sound nearly as clean so im open to any ideas. i want you to hear my system when im rollin through your town ;) whats the problem with the audiobahn subs? bad bass or just a bad brand? let me know! thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 401
There is NOTHING badass about Audiobahn just bad TRASH. Go for 2 12" Cerwin Vega V-Max. For the Amp JBL600.1. Head unit look at Alpines. Speakers try Infinity Kappa components. If you do it right that should be right at $750. Try this site www.acaraudio.com

Stockton, CA

Post Number: 4
so 600 watts would hit hard? i was thinkin more in the range of 1000w+ rms total but what do you all suggest? more watts for a fiew extra bucks in the subs or put more money into the amp/tweats?

Stockton, CA

Post Number: 5
so 600 watts would hit hard? i was thinkin more in the range of 1000w+ rms total but what do you all suggest? more watts for a fiew extra bucks in the subs or put more money into the amp/tweats? i have also heard that 3 10's might fit better in my silverado since the depth wouldnt be so deep. would 3 10's be a better option?

Stockton, CA

Post Number: 6
oh ya and the dimetions for behind my seat are 56x20x8. i can move the seat up another half inch to an inch if i need more depth

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 921
1. An Audiobahn powered with 1000 watts is equivalent to a good sub powered with 300. Audiobahns eat too much power and don't put out a lot in return. Extremely inefficient. You don't need 1000+rms to hit hard, 600 watts is enough to hit 140+ dbs. Audiobahns need 2000 watts to hit 140s, and a huge box. Trust me, save the current draw and get better subs.
2. 2 12's will usually hit harder than 3 10s, it depends on the models you're comparing. A lot of 12's aren't too deep, you have 8 inches behind the seat, so it allows room for a sub that's 7 inches deep(lots are less than this).
3. The stuff you're getting is way overpriced and low quality. Get a good component speaker set, better subs, and amp for them, and a good head unit, then eventually save for an amp to power the components with. JayJ recommended good stuff above.

Stockton, CA

Post Number: 8
thanks for all the help, i have heard many good things about audiobahn, but i have heard alot more bad than good. please refer to my other post in the subwoofer section to help me decide on what NEW subs to get! https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/76030.html thanks alot!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us