What subs for a reg. cab 94 silverado?

Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA

Post Number: 7
hello everyone. i have had many different suggestions about what subs i should purchase but im trying to wrap it all up in the next couple weeks so i can go buying. my price range for subs alone is around 400$ im not sure if i should go with 2 12's or 3 10's? the demensions behind my seat are 56x20x8 but i could add about another inch to the depth if needed by moving the seat up a bit more. heres what i have heard so far:
2 12" Cerwin Vega V-MAX 12D
2 12" Shivas
2 12" Audiobahn AW1205Q Ultra Excursion (shitty?)
2 12" Kicker 02S12L5 Solo-Baric L5
3 10" Kicker Solo-Baric L5 02S10L5
2 12" Rockford Fosgate P312D4

i want a whole lot of bass but i want the quality to be there as well. if i end up getting 3 10's, is the amp alot harder to hook up? would i need two amps? everyone give me your opinions please!

Anonymous

Out of all of those choices, I would go with the two shivas. The two VMAXs coming in at second. Audiobahns are shitty. Shivas will give you excellent bass and quality. Get a ported box for them and tune it to around 30 hz. It will give them more SPL than a sealed box (it will make it sound like you added two more of the subs, as opposed to sealed), and the quality will still be there as long as you tune it low.

You don't need two amps by any means. You could probably get away with a JBL600.1 and get the subs to full excursion. But if you want get a JBL 1200.1, or something in between the two.

Good luck.

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 9
the shivas hold 650W a piece, so the JBL 1200.1 would get them kncokin close to their full capability right? i have heard tons of great things about these subs as well as the VMAXs. the shivas are 125$ a piece shipped and i found the vmaxs for 95$ @ etronics.com so witch subs should i make my final choice? moneys not an issue because both of these prices are way lower than what i expected to spend. both the shivas and vmaxs fit fine behind my seat so thats not an issue. also whats a good site that has the JBL amp? tell me your vote...shivas or VMAXs. thanks for all your help so far guys, keep it coming!

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 10
http://www.cartoys.com/cartoys/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=62175 is this the JBL amp your refering to? its on sale for $380 on that site, is that a good pricE?

Anonymous

Thats the one. It will run the shivas perfectly. Not a bad price, but you can find them on ebay for cheaper sometimes. Just depends if anybody is selling them. And shivas are better subs than the vmaxs.

Bronze Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 11
would the amp deliver 600 watts to each sub? or 300 to each? im confused when it says 600W x 1 but the model is 1200mono..sorry for so many quesitons

Anonymous

soundomain.com you can get the jbl for $$300 and the are an authorized dealer so u will get a 1 year warranty

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 923
it would deliver 600 watts to each sub BUT you only need a JBL 600.1 for the subs. The 650 rating is thermal, meaning that is how much heat the voice coil can withstand without melting. This is NOT a power requirement. The Shiva only needs around 300 watts RMS to push to full excursion in a sealed box, in a ported 300 will be more than enough. Just letting you know, you can save the money and be just as well off. The Shivas will require a larger box than the V-max, that may be a problem as you have a truck, you'll have to look into that. Sealed they need at least a 1.5 cubic foot box, ideally 1.75, ported will be even more than that.

Unregistered guest
I want to know what kind of subs I can install in a 95 Chevy Ext. Cab Fullsize Pickup either under or behind the seat or what kind of sub box i will need?

Bronze Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 12
Jonathan did you recieve my private messaage?

Bronze Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 13
http://www.electronic4me.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=447 i found the BP600.1 for 175$ that seems to be the cheapest ive seen yet for that amp. anyone know of a better online store? and if the shivas require too big of a box, would you suggest the VMAXs? or another sub? keep in mind i have around 400$ to spend on the subs alone, but the depth cant be any deeper than about 7.5inches, thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 934
I responded to your private message.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us