Choices Choices

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 264
ok Here it is. I have a 2002 VW GTI im looking to enhance my listening experience with some good tight accurate with a little thump bass. After going around in circles quite a few times this is what i have come up with. Im looking for either two tens or one twelve one being more accurate the other for lower frequencies.

2 10" Cerwin Vega V-MAXes
200W RMS
4 Ohm DVC
19mm xmax
0.75 cuft box
$190 Shipped Ebay

2 10" Alpine Type R
300W RMS
4 Ohm DVC
13.87mm xmax
0.5 - 0.8 cuft box
$222 Shipped Ebay

2 10" Kicker Comp VR
300W RMS
4 Ohm DVC
11.5mm xmax
0.8 cuft box
$167 Shipped Ebay

1 12" Alpine Type R
300W RMS
4 Ohm DVC
13.87mm xmax
0.7 - 1.0 cuft box
$100 Shipped Ebay

1 12" Cerwin Vega V-MAX
300W RMS
4 Ohm DVC
20.3mm xmax
1.0 cuft box
$110 Shipped Ebay

Im open for more ideas of good subs divids2004 dont tell me about the craptastic z series xtants. Id like to keep the price fore one or two under $225 Shipped. Along with that Id like to watch that the boc suze isnt more than 1 cuft per sub. Remember SQ before thump but thump is a good thing. Thanks in advance all opinions on listed items are appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 895
well anything in that car will have great SPL with the kind of cabin gain you get with it

id go the two 10" vmaxxes or teo 10" elemental design kv.2 drivers, $183 shipped for two brand new

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 423
Well 1st of all its davids2004. Second of all the only time I suggest those subs is when someone doesnt want to spend a ton of money on subs. Third of all those subs arent all that bad and there are better subs out there then what you listed. Since you seem to not want my opinion I will let you decide all on your own. I could tell you a pair of subs that would kill any of those subs. If you want my opinion then I will give it for you. The subs im talking about would be 2 10s and would be under 150.00 shipped.

Have a good day.

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 897
like i said, the vmaxes would be a good choice or those elemental designs

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 265
are we talking SQ here too?
I didnt want to offend you david but you push those subs to everyone like you work for xtant and your helping clear out a warehouse.
The main goal is accuracy and clean bass second comes SPL like you said my car will help with that.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 434
No Ive only suggested those subs for people who dont want to spend alot of money on subs. When someone says they only wanna speond 100.00 bucks on a pair of subs thats pretty hard to do. So the xtants are in that price range and are a decent sub. Much better then some other subs for the price of the xtants. In no way do I work for me just trying to help someone out. Please point some post out to me when ive recommend those subs to people who want to spend alot of money. You wont find it only when they dont wanna spend alot. Please let me know.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 268
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/68382.html

All i said here was that i couldnt afford JLs not that i wanted to spend less than 100 on two subs that went from one extreme to the other.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/68560.html

I already had two xtant a series picked out and you still were like get these instead. Not only that but i got a great deal on the a series 10s if xtant hadnt stopped making them recently they would be going into my car and I wouldnt be posting this. Would you like some more proof of this cuz i just pulled up a search full of your recommendations these are the only ones i found that i started. If you have anything better than the xtants please let me know id love to hear I just dont want to go three for three with you over these subs when im willing to pay more than what they are worth ya know. I have 225 to put towards two tens or a twelve. Id really like some feedback on what ive already picked but if you know of something within that price range that might have better sq than these let me know. I still want a little bump though

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 271
Found another option

1 12" A/D/S r12s
500W RMS
4 Ohm DVC
15.76mm xmax
1.35 cuft box
$193 Shipped Ebay

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 313
I side with bacon on either the VMaxes or the eD's currently on sale.

-Matt

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 272
ok so im taking it that the vmaxes have good sq correct?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 395
I have 2 12" V-maxxs and I can then you first hand that Kicker has NOTHING on them in SQ and SPL. Go listen to them for yourself. If you don't like them then something is wrong with your ears lol. Good Luck

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 914
hey dont flame him davids, hes just trying to find out as much as he can before he buys the subs...something which i wish i woulda done my first 3 setups.. (sony, audiobahn, audiobahn)

anyways, im going on my 7th setup currently with two 10" kv.2 drivers which should be coming my way any time now

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 439
2 10'S dayton quatro from www.partsexpress.com. Thats all im gonna say.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 440
Oh and please point out some other times ive recommend the xtants. Also point out the times ive recommend them to people who didnt want to spend alot of money either.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 848
I'd do two Adire Audio Shivas, $250 shipped better SQ than all of them and great SPL, then the V-maxes or kv.2's.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 282
i dont have room for two shivas i need some of my cargo space to stay and two subs requicing about 1.5 cuft a piece is too much

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 855
The V-Maxes would be my next choice. Still great SPL and SQ, I'll point out that just because I like the Shiva better doesn't mean you will, I'm sure others would like the V-Max better for SQ. Like JayJ said, for the 12" 1.0 cu ft with about an inch of polyfill on each side (not on the side of the driver, though) will give great results. If you want the bass of two subs, you could port the box and get a 3 db gain (because both sides of the sub are used instead of one) and it will take less space than two subs (usually). You also get great low freq extension, SQ can be just as good if you tune the box low (24-28 hz).

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 929
"I'd do two Adire Audio Shivas, $250 shipped better SQ than all of them and great SPL, then the V-maxes or kv.2's. "

why do u say more SPL than the kv.2's? the kv.2 12" drivers have 16mm 1 way xmax (same as shiva) and 545 square CM Sd (surface area) (more than shiva)

and lastly, they havent even been released yet, let alone anyone heard any :-)

not trying to flame you just trying to make a point (im getting two 10" kv.2's for a big ported box tuned at 27 Hz :-) )

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 155
not sure if i understood jonathan. you were talking about 1 or 2 12" V-Maxs with 1.0cu ft box. and poly fill in both sides? but NOT in the side of the sub?? dont understand.

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 932
he meant, you put a sheet sort of, of poly fill to all sides of inside the box, but not on the back of the sub

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 859
You misunderstood, read a little closer.
"I'd do two Adire Audio Shivas, $250 shipped better SQ than all of them and great SPL, then the V-maxes or kv.2's."
I meant I'd choose the Shivas, then the V-maxes or kv.2s, meaning they would be my next choice, not that they had better SPL than the kv.2 or the V-max. I said great SPL, but not saying it puts out more than the kv.2 or the V-Max for that matter. I was just saying that I like the SQ better than all the others, but that's just me, it's always subjective, and I haven't heard the kv.2 (although I'd like to :-)), but because I haven't I'm not going to recommend it yet, I'm sure it'll be a great sub, though. I like the Shiva more than the ED subs I've heard so far, which is mainly why I said better SQ. It just boils down to personal taste in the end though, right? Just wanted to clear that up, I'm not flaming your future subs by any means. John, Bacon cleared it up. I meant the three sides other than the side that the sub is mounted to, and 1.0 cu ft per sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us