Ultra SQ Sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Shaftofair

Post Number: 90
Hi, I'm looking to fill my Chevy Suburban with high SQ bass. What are some subs that'll get down to 15hz and hit it hard?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3529
idmax, fi q, w6, si mag, re xxx, and focal k2 series are the best i have personally heard.

exactly what is your budget and do you already have the amp/s you'll be using?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 640
ctmike, how do you like the XXX is it really worth the $ ?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3530
i liked it, almost bought a pair. didn't do it cause i heard the q shortly before almost buying them and after that couldn't really see spending $750 on a 12" xxx when the 12" q is $259.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2952
AA atlas imo is the best, it has a fs of 21hz so it hits the lows nicely, but why do u want it to go down to 15hz, thats mostly for HT setups.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4408
The Q and the Mag are in a fight for SQ supremecy lately. You'll get mixed reviews. I've heard from a good source the Q wins. But don't turn away the Mag, she's awesome.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10901
heard a 15" 2005 re xxx - it shakes everything inside the car like an earthquake was happening - man even my internals & eyesballs were moving & sub was "only" getting 1000wrms .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Uh, no I don't already have the amps, I'm considering Zapco for the subs though. Exact budget is hard, but my max would probably be ~2k. Organ music can get down to 16hz. I like both the Mag and Q yes Paul you were right with my thoughts there. Are there some subs maybe you guys haven't tried that I might like and be able to tell the results?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Hey what about TC-Sounds? People seem to be choosing that LMS-5400 for the purpose I intend.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/331374.html

"For very high end SQ with linear output the LMS is a great idea if you have the $$$. I have not tested it, but I do like the LMS technology."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
I was previously thinking about this previously but stopped in the middle and only got a charging system upgrade (500 amps, 2 alts). I did once get to the point of planning to use a LOT of power with cheap amps, but now I think it'd be better to use nice amps since it IS an SQ(L) setup I plan on.

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 185
If you want the Ultimate you have to get the DLS Ultimate Nobellium :-) Nice SQ woofer at $475 a pop.

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 186
Oh yea and then there are always the Arc Audio Subs.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2953
for what u want i'd remomend a AA avalanch, it has very good sq and a fs of 16hz i beleive, its a low end monster. those TC subs are vey nice also.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4052
the pg can drop up to 12 hz that the lowest testone ill play it :-) well my set up its juzz for sq and it sounds amazing

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
I really shouldn't buy anything without taking a listen so I'll be looking to go take a listen of what I can, mainly : SI Mag, LMS-5400, AA Avalanche, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff. I have a feeling I'm barely touching the surface with these few.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3690
also check out rainbow and some peerless subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us