Will orion d5000 push 2-mtx 9512

Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 1
im putting 2-mtx 9512 sealed subs in my whip, and im looking for a good amp to push them. also does anyone know how hard they'll hit?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9203
why u want those crappy overpriced subs???

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 129
who cares its his choice.........

Post Number: 4
don't know of anything better, do you?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1852
what's your budget?

Post Number: 5
depends on the quality of the sub

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9205
"who cares its his choice........."

ur 100% correct...but if he didnt want any input he would not have posted

Post Number: 6
sure, i'm open for sugestions. what did you have in mind, brahms, trio, what?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1853
please post a budget on what you plan on spending for subs/amps? could get really expensive.

Post Number: 7
just a daily driver with good sound quality, hard hittin subs. sealed 12's mandatory. my budget is flexible. lots of expendable income.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9206
"my budget is flexible"

dont say that...u have a limit...

Post Number: 8
i will drop the bread on a some big subs, if you know of one better than mtx 9512, enlighten me!

Post Number: 9
what i really need to know though is if the orion d5000 will push 'em.

Post Number: 10
yeah i seen your crystal comp subs on the profile, and they cant compete with the mtx 9512. much props on your system though.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 304
jesse i think you should look around befor you buy those mtx. ya at 1 ohm that amp will power them but do u want spl sql or sq

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
It's all about sound quality, hard hitting, sealed 12s.

Definatly pushing at 1 ohm. 2 dual 4 ohm voice coil subs drop to 1 ohm.

What kind of subs should I be looking at if you don't like the 9512?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1854
pair of fi q's would work well with that power, and they're supposed to played very well sealed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
wtf is fi q's?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3614
were you referring to chauncey's crystal comps? cause those will blow away the 9512's

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1856
www.ficaraudio.com

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9207
"yeah i seen your crystal comp subs on the profile, and they cant compete with the mtx 9512. much props on your system though."

that might be the funniest thing I have heard in a week, and i saw jackass 2 yesterday

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 307
MTX 12" 9500 series only recommend 500-1000RMS
Orion D5000 is 2500RMS at 1ohm

So that amp will work fine.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3615
haha. i think its funnier than jakazz two

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 322
This thread made my week, and im with chauncey i saw jackass 2 yesterday. lol... noobs

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Jackass is a fraud they copy THE DUDESONS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i checked into your fi q's, and the crystal comps, and i dont see how either could come close to the 9512.

And I also seen Jackass 2 yesterday. The boxing glove was the best.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 776
the MTX is p00p compared to FI or Crystal, but seriously whats your budget, because if you say can drop lots of "bread" i will reccommend 2' DD 9512 (in no way comparable to MTX 9512) and 2 DD Z1's for the pair that should be nice

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1857
then why not put that amp on a dd 9512, or a pair of 3512's. and please don't say mtx is better than dd.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 778
www.ddaudio.com, those are real subs

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5808
i know few people that have the mtx 9500 series subs in their car. they all know that my re sx 18 can sh!t on those subs in sq and spl.

now i may never have heard the compx but according to many that have heard it says it sounds much better than my re sx. that should tell you something.

mtx is just another overpriced audiobahn. i admit their amps are decent but it seems like they spent all their technology on amps cause their subs sound like sh!t.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
hats off to the dd 9912, thanks for the link as well.
that has to be the coldest sub i've ever even heard of. very high quality. i'll be contacting a dd dealer tommorrow to discuss pricing and the differences between the 9500 and the 9900 series. there isn't alot of info on the internet about them though. no e-bay.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 791
i think the 9900 are like $800 a piece or something like that, and also i beleive the 9500 and 9900 are close except the 9900 handles alot more power, you do realize you will need alot of things to run either of those subs, not just an amp

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6281
the 9900 has a Kevlar Cone for increased power handling and a diff coil.

if oyu plan on running 3-4kw....get the 9500's

anymore, get the 9900's.

at that point though, you won't be able to sit in your car.:-)

and DONT EVER compare an MTX ANYTHING to a CompX or Fi Q....please b1tch.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6282
if you have ever heard a Crystal Mobile Sound CompX or Fi Audio Q, you would gladly sacrifice the sh1tty SPL the MTX 9500's(cough trying to be like DD cough) put out and upgrade with the aforementioned subs with pristine SQ and thumpage.Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 6283
i dont mean to bust your balls Jesse....but here is the situation.

You come on to this forum, mentioning a brand you want to buy that is mainstream garbage...<---truth.

then you argue with someone who has 9,000 posts, and obviously has some experience with car audio.

Bro, he isn't going to recommend a sub to you that is of lesser quality than what you are after. It just doesn't happen that way. lol

So when you start catching flack for defending a garbage mainstream brand(we here hate mainstream for several reasons, overpriced, underbuilt, and most of them don't sound very good) it is b/c we know ALL the underground brands that can be had a a much cheaper price and much better build quality.:-)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3617
im curious to why you think that crystal wont compare with the MTX 9512???? why would you think that? and what are you looking at that makes you say that FI Q or crystal X wouldnt compare??

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 130
9,000 posts just mean you have no life LOL

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3618
9,000 posts mean that you know alot about car audio. unless ur jaymes. LMAO JP man

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5819
you gotta know your sh!t to answer 9000 times in any forum. give or take a few hundred of course. i know chauncey like to have fun too.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5820
also no life? how much of chauncey's life can 9000 posts take away. i have been here less than a year and i almost have 6000 posts. i don't need to sit in front of the pc with this site on all day to have that many.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2548
this thread is funny

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
spoke with digital design representative. he informed me that the dd9512 and espesially the dd9912 could not under any cercumstances be sealed.
that it is not a sound quality sub, strictly for spl
competitions. he is a dd dealer and highly recomeded against buying those subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
so im back to square one with three days to go before purchase day. will take another look at the fi q's and crystal comp today. will also take the initative to speak to thier reps if number is available on thier site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
p.s. same guy said that the orion 5000d must have a high current alternator and not one but two gel cell batteries. i had anticipated the hc alt., but two gel cells? isn't that excessive?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9175
u r talking about pushing 2500wrms of raw power so yes 2 batts is needed in fact i too own a orion 2500d amp & a fellow installer told me the same thing , he said if were him he would put 1 yellowtop under the hood & 2 more near 2 the amp as possible ...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3622
the 9900 series from DD is their comp sub. get 2 9512's or somthin. even 2 3512's will be wayyy loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
hey rovin , you have the orion 2500d. it's the same amp. how do you like it? does it bang or what? did you add the batteries and hc amp? do you recomend it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
found the fi web site. still no dice on contacting them. i did hear a web video of two fi's ported and they were loud , but bottomed out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6287
put them in a sealed box....and what does some dumbass bottoming them out mean? that they aren't a good sub b/c you can bottom them out. lol

WTF, you want SQ, but you are going to get MTX 9512's????? lmao

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
well, i'm taking into consideration what you guys are suggesting and following up with research on 'em. dd looks great but i was recomended against them by thier own dealer. since you guys started knockin the mtx 9512, i've ben lookin and haven't found a better option yet. although the earthquake sub-zero looks real nasty!!!!!!!!! any info on that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
by the way, no-one has said anything negative about the orion 5000d, so it looks like that amp is getting got.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 799
how much you paying for it and its 2500 wrms right?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 897
almost any option is better then mtx

look at ascendantaudio.com
soundsplinter.com

serio integrity magnum

crystal mobil sound

there are tons of options

jl w6v2

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3623
yea. like i said, the DD people didnt recommend tha sub for you only because you dont plan on competing. they are not meant for a dialy driver sub. get some DD 9512's or some 3515's, SI mags, some jugs or somthin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
im still researching the brands you put out there for me mat dope. good lookin on that. the ascendant audio subs didn't compare. The soundsplinter rl-s looks devistating!!!!!!!!!! have you seen the magnet on that massive beast! 1500w rms, and the web site claims sq..

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9214
rl-s are not meant for car audio setups...they require a large sealed box and they are svc 4ohm...not very many amps will be able to power it properly...

also magnet size is point less..its the strength not the size....

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9215
"9,000 posts just mean you have no life LOL"

yeah..its just i have a computer at home and at work..i guess im just privileged.. I have lots of fun everyday..im only 19 and i bet i make more money then u...thats alot of fun..llolololol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
yeah i was worried about that cz they were focusing on home theater. and its hard to find an amp that kicks at 4 ohm.. it sure looked mean though.
still lookin around at the options that were put up by mat dope.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
crystal doesn't look like it would be better than a 9512 either. the sub-zero looks nasty though. hhmmmm.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9217
the compx is not as good as the DD9512...not many subs are...but for the price the compx is a tuff sub 2 beat

are u talking about the MTX??? also never go by looks...if that where the case then audioburn and fusion would be the best stuff...

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 909
if your really looking for straight sq that will still bump the jl w6v2's are supposed to be awesome. same with the rl-p have you looked at RE's 05xxx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
hold up, even the W7's cant keep up with the 9512.
i've heard alot about the RE's xxx. and i'm supprised that out of all these recomedations, they haven't been brought up before now! but, them the treo and brahms are the only ones in 9512 class that i know of. but then i don't know that much about those subs. maybe i should be lookin into them. i have an open-mind and willing to check out anything thats BETTER. but haven't found one yet and i've been searchin strong for two days.

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 910
if your talking about the 9512MTX sub then basically everything mentioned is going to have better build quality and more then likly superior sound.

the w7 arnt really an SQ sub compared to the w6v2

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 807
no the brahmas and treo are not in the mtx's class, they are way past that the mtx is garbage, and in regards to a W7 its only better on paper. the W7 is better and so is every sub thats been mentioned. Quit saying they compare to the MTX 9512 because you are dissing those companies so bad by mentioning there sub in the same sentence as the MTX

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3575
several things are better than the mtx9512... good sub, but not that great... so i figure u are after "SQ"

Focal, Treo SSI, RE XXX, RE SX, SI Mag, CompX, DD9500, DD3500,... HELL a TSX will kill a MTX9512.... and its rated @ 400rms...

and u can haved SWEET SQ better than ur sealed box with some good subs, in a correct box! a pair of DD3512s will stomp ur setup... SSI or the SI MAG will do good in sealed box..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i agree that the RE XXX has better sound quality than a 9512. By saying that i'll go with the XXX. unless in the next two days i can find out something that will do better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6290
please JESSE, tell me what you mean by "I looked at those and they don't compare"

WTF doesn't compare???? magnet size??? what?

lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6291
the XXX hasn't been mentioned b/c it is closer to $1200 in price:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
you guys are right about the 9512 not really having good sq.. but they do hit real hard, harder than most any mentioned here. but with two XXX's on 2500 rms, it'll sound real good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6292
thank you B for interveining and showing us your ultimate wisdom. :-)

have you been reading the 9512 vs. W7 website??? rofl...that is the stupidest website i have ever seen and doesn't even begin to delve into the different aspects of what the sub's specs even mean.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3631
"I looked at those and they don't compare"

still havent said what you are comparing..

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 811

quote:

you guys are right about the 9512 not really having good sq.. but they do hit real hard, harder than most any mentioned here. but with two XXX's on 2500 rms, it'll sound real good.

wtf, dont try to tell me you have heard every sub on the list and think the mtx is louder lol, i will eat my HD if its true

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1859
you do realize that your going to need another orion amp for a pair of xxx's.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1860
jesse, please name the subs that you have heard that has been mentioned to you. just curious cause i highly doubt you have heard any of them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
bassman, i was lookin back at the threads and to answer the question you wanted answered. i think you were refering to the ascendantaudio. they are 500w rms. the big boy havoc only comes in 15, that i could see, if it's even out yet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
mostly, going by what thier web sites are saying about them, and rms wattage. The XXX seems to me, to be the best pick. but will they really need more than 2500 watts?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1862
man, you can not go off of paper when comparing subs. if you were to call ascendant audio you would see they recommend 600-1000wrms for the arsenal (take it thats the one you're referring to). and why is it your basing all sub selection off of recommended rms?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9218
rms wattage has nothing to do with how loud a sub will get...

and if you have the space and the money the XXX will be a great choice...also 2500-3000rms will be fine

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 814
^^^^^ what, you cant tell that a sub is better or worse by looking at those specs, and regardless of what the sites say they will all r@pe the MTX

Gold Member

Post Number: 6297
here we FACKIN go....RMS wattage alone is POINTLESS to go off of.

some subs are WAY more inefficient than others, and require more watts to achieve the same output.:-)

if you want something that is loud and sounds incredible, try the Fi Audio Q, Crystal CompX, Audioque HD, or even a DD 3500:-)

case closed. lol

all of the aforementioned subs will
A. Sound better
B. Hit HARD
C. Cost Less
D. Make you look cooler among your friends by having nice subs that nobody knows about.

D is optional.:-)

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1864
you are going about sub shopping all wrong if going off paper specs and rms. and yes you will need another amp of going with the xxx. i almost bought one and was told by both a re dealer and a tech from re to give one xxx 2000-2300wrms. i really hope you have a big enough charging system for all of this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
as for the credibility crack. i do not claim to be an expert or an installer, not even a competition guy. i do know a little bit bout systems though. i,ve had about five good systems. this one i want to do better than the others with hard hitting bass thats responsive, and sounds good. something i dont have to turn all the way up to be satisfied. thats what i'm lookin for. i'm only on this thread cause im ready to make a purchase, and i want to make the right one.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3635
what question were you answering jesse that i asked? cause i never mentioned ascendantaudio

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 817
then forget about the MTX's, dont mention them anymore

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1865
what were the other systems you have had before?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i had figured the charging system would consist of a hc alt. and a gel cell. but someone was saying earlier that it would need an extra gel cell or even three all together. that i wasn't planning on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
2-15 sealed alpine R's, 4-12's sealed rockford, 3-12's bandpass rockford, 2-12 rockford phase 2 ported. and other various subs thrown in and out comin from the local crack-head.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
if this is a pissin contest ctmike, you probably win. i really just wanted to know if that amp was gonna be big enough to push the subs till everyone started bashin them.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1866
rf-sucks
"bandpass" rf-sucks
rf p2-sucks
the only decent subs mentioned is the type r and their not the greatest in the world. just get the two 12" fi q, that orion amp, and you will be more than happy, considering you're other systems.

you work at best buy or circuit city by chance?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
not sure bassman, i've been researchin alot of subs the last two days, and all advice is appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i had alot of love for fosgate over the years. there a shop here that specializes in rf with good deals i like. but there not what they used to be.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
Jesse

The MTX 9500 series and that Orion D5000 will be fine. But in my opinion I would go with another amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6316
all our efforts thrown in a pile of pig sh1t by joey....

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3640
ok. we say all this stuff, and then you come along and then say to get the 9500's, lol. c'mon man

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1867
why would you tell someone to buy crappy subs joey?

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 826
p00p on you joey, you sh1t on everything we worked hard to accomplish, all the brainwashing we have tried to erase to get him to not go main stream and you come along and destroy our work, in the words of the children from south park "You B@stard"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
re xxx are the way to go, but still looking. any suggestions highly appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
wheres the best place to get 'em?

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
The thread was Will the Orion D5000 push 2 MTX 12" 9500 series and the anwser is YES.

And yes the MTX are not as good as the FI or DD but that doesn't make them crap. HOLLA BACK

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1868
if you dont have the money for a charging system upgrade, i would either get a pair of fi q's or 3512's and use that one orion amp. with the money you'll save from buying another amp and xxx's (cause they are pricey) use that for a ho alt., good battery (or two), and do the big 3, and then buy a good amount of sound deadner.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3649
1200 for one xxx

www.reaudio.com - is where you get em'

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
im not sure how pricey those xxx's are yet. tried to call a dealer but they are closed. as for the fi q's i'd hate to get some subs that don't hit hard. do they?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
see, i can get two 9512's for $700.00

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3652
yes they do. lol. the Q's are compared o the xxx's. The owner of RE is the owner of FI... so most oftheir subs are identical (but FI = cheaper)

RE xxx = 1200 bucks

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1869
the msrp of the xxx is $1200, but re dealer near me sells them at $800 each, for a 12". still, i'd get the q's, comparable to last years xxx and only $558 for a pair shipped, can't beat that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6356
you say the XXX is the way to go, but the Q hits harder than the XXX...and it is ~$940 less than the XXX:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6357
05 XXX that is.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 6358
but....here is the catch, you can't buy the 05 XXX anymore.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9222
I have 1..lol...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
what do you guys have to say about the FI BTL series? 2 sealed with all the options.

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
I guess your not going to get the MTX

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2574
first off just like to say whoever said the 9512 is strictly a spl sub(dd this is) then u are completely wrong and should go read before you post yes it does get very loud, louder than most but what you dont know is it sounds very amazing also it has great sq and is awesome for a daily driver. But you do have to port it to get the most out of it. And jesse i own 2 10" mtx thunder 7500's and i will tell you right now they are not that far behind a 9500 and my dd 9500 kills them and almost every single sub on this thread will beat it so please listen to these guys there not stupid like you seem to think read a little bit on this site b4 you decide i would say get 2 12" treo ssi's or a xxx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
on the dd9512, i was kinda siked about it. they looked great. but when i called the rep he strongly advised against it. that it was strictly spl sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
joey, i keep going back to it bcause i can't find a better sub. when this thread began i had no doubt that the mtx 9512 was the way to go. a friend of mine has one on a mtx ta91001 (3000w rms amp), and it BANGS>. but everyone keeps bashin 'em. i know the sound quality can be improved on though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
charlie, those are two top knotch options, the treo or xxx, i'll call some dealers right now and see whats up with 'em. maybe they'll come off a deal for the xxx. ohh the fi q's as well. i am lookin with your help.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1878
what do you mean you can't find a better sub than the mtx? every sub mentioned is better than it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
CHECK THIS OUT!!!
i e-mailed fi car audio (sales@ficaraudio.com) last night and look at the response. tried to post it, didn't work. so i'll type his words exactly.

i'll be absolutely honest with you. the 9512 is a very solid sub. great design and power handling... i would honestly saythat the 9512 is more of a sub than the Q series in many aspects. but the q series will give you 90% of what the 9512 will in output, every bit of what it can in sound quality. for half the price including shipping. while there are no major disadvantages over the 9512 on a level playing field. you could also afford to buy 4 of the Q12s and then there would be no doubt about what would be louder :-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9228
are u talking about the DD or the MTX????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
mtx bro

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 840
no way, no way, i dont believe it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
yes sir! wow, i just spoke with the treo tech. the guy who does thier engineering or something. he blew me away talking about harmonics, mid bass snap, sound quality issues, very high tech type stuff i can't even comprehend. said he compares the various brands of subs in a lab on a computer reading frequency response. and that every sub manufacturer has a signature sound. they replicate it on every series, and just add more power handling. he said go with 4 treo ssi 12 sealed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
ohh the treo ssi is on the same playing field with the jl audio W7. he said that line was designed to compete with them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
and that 5000d amp (2500w rms) would be a nice fit for 4 treo ssi 12s. my only concern is trunk space.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9230
ssi's are nice subs..only thing is i dont think they will be as loud as u want...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
ok i spoke with RE's number one distributer. great guy , very informitive, and helpfull. i couldn't get a good fit though. he recomended 1-15 ported in a custom box they build for about 400.00. not the way that i wanted to go. i don't want a ported box b/c thier not responsive. and the bass gets thrown together and drowned out. in my opinion, a ported box is great if your hitting one hard drawn out note at a time, but thier not responsive and dont recover well. thats why i want sealed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
the more i research and look into these other subs, the stronger i feel that 2-12 mtx 9512's sealed is the best way to go. they are inexpensive, hit real hard, fit well with my car (sealed box at 1.5 cu. in. each), and fit well with the amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
i am out of options. i agree the xxx is a better sub , but i don't believe it could keep up with two mtx 9512's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
finally, i spoke with the mtx rep. he basicly confirmed everything that i've been thinkin 'bout 'em. that two sealed mtx 9512's are gonna hit very hard, be responsive and have good sound quality. with all the other options, nothing can do better in the same environment for the same money (or even close).

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 922
YOU CANT HANDEL THE TRUTH: but here it is anyway

ok your defainatly wrong if you want to continue being so ignorant after so many people here have tryed to help you then you deserve to be stuck with sh;tty mtx subs that will probly satisfy you becaue you dont know what a real sub is. maybe someday youll relize there are better on the market aside from the xxx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
like what? i've been lookin. name even one sub that will be better in a sealed box, that will hit harder and sound better than 2-12 mtx 9500's within $800.00.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 257
"CHECK THIS OUT!!!
i e-mailed fi car audio (sales@ficaraudio.com) last night and look at the response. tried to post it, didn't work. so i'll type his words exactly.

i'll be absolutely honest with you. the 9512 is a very solid sub. great design and power handling... i would honestly saythat the 9512 is more of a sub than the Q series in many aspects. but the q series will give you 90% of what the 9512 will in output, every bit of what it can in sound quality. for half the price including shipping. while there are no major disadvantages over the 9512 on a level playing field. you could also afford to buy 4 of the Q12s and then there would be no doubt about what would be louder" :-)

are you sure you mentioned that you were talking about the mtx 9512's? sounds like he was comparing them to the DD 9512's. as a matter of fact the guy who makes the Fi's comes on this forum, his name is scott atwell. email him. and read this thread.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/269871.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
yeah, i read that thread last night lokkin up info on 'em(fi q). i also noticed that the people on that thread are here. let me post what i wrote him,

i'm three days away from making a big purchase on two sealed subs and a big amp. had my mind made up to get 2 x mtx 9512. then on a forum they were saying that i should look into your fi q series. do you think that your subs can compete with the mtx 9512? if yes, how so? please tell me the advantages of your subs over the mtx 9512. please contact soon.

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 230
Hey jesse il tell u what im going to buy a 15" fi q and going to run a audio art 100 h.c to it wired to 1 ohm produceing 1100wrms in a custom built box(makeing my self with dimentions givein from the guy scott)tuned to either 28 or 33 hrz havent made my mind up yet then i would just like to show u how loud 1 15 could sound to bad im not geting my sub till i sell my old ones though :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
why would i put 4 fi q's in just to match 2 mtx 9512? not sure if i could even fit 4-12 in there.

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 231
dont get 2 and port them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
why not a xxx if your goin with one big ported sub. that looks like the best option for a big sub. there one on e-bay for $300.00 that ends tomorrow.

changed name to my username, still jesse

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 232
i seen that lol but i hear u one wanting good sq cause i have 2 jl w0s in a ported box not really suggested because there not ment for a ported box but they hit really really good so now i only want one sub to try and save some space and im going to a fi q as stated earlyer which should hit harder and sound just as good especialy concidering im going to be running 1100wrms instead of 250 wrms should be noticably louder lol

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 925
3 better choices

si mag
fi q
trio ssi

just because you port a sub doesnt mean it will have terrible resonse and peaky output.

tune it to 28hz you will have alot more low end plus the higher will still be fine because higher then a certin freq. it will act like a sealed box

Gold Member

Post Number: 2568
this thread is pointless hehe, get any sub instead ofthose MTX, buy them if you can get them for less than 200$ lol!

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3673
wow. ok. haha yesterday actually, my friend daniel had had the mtx 9512's in his ride in a while, and i have never been satisfied with them. i have heard bot the 7500 series and the 8500, and the 7500's are soo close to the 9500's. LOL

so a week ago, my bro ordered some fi q's (12's) and haha NO CoMPARISON AT ALL. quality is better and they get louder than the 9512's (mtx).

choices (treo ssi out of picture IMO, sq isnt that great from people i have spoken too, and they dont get that loud (lil louder than 2 cvr's) with better sq

i dont understand what you are sayin with the ported box, lol. i would say that 90% of the people on this forum have their subs in ported box, tuned from either 26 hz - 40 hz for dailey. when the sub gets sloppy, thats around 38-40 hz. and the custom boxes that mtx makes for their 9500 series are tuned to 38 hahaha. so sealed in NO OPTION with those.

Si Mag would be great
FI BTL's would be insane 2 12's (or the Q's) BTL and Q's have great sound quality for wha they are, and i would STILL! put the DD 9512's in with that mix no dought

the reason why the tech told you to stay away fomr them was because the 9900 series are comp subs. people al over this forum have the 9500 series from DD and i have heard NOT ONE thing bad about their subs, and sq is great also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
i'm starting to get more open-minded on using a ported box. i just want something thats responsive, and hits real hard. i'll take another look at dd 9512 and the si mag d2 12. seen a video for the si mag and im not sure if they were sealed but got loud, great excursion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
i'm starting to get more open-minded on using a ported box. i just want something thats responsive, and hits real hard. i'll take another look at dd 9512, the re xxx, and the si mag d2 12. seen a video for the si mag and im not sure if they were sealed but got loud, great excursion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
which hits harder ported? dd9512, re xxx, or the si mag?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
by the way, you guys would convert a priest to buddhism.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3675
haha.

they all are very good subs man. its hard to judge them. people say the DD 9512's are spl (i think they have great sq tho as muddy does also) the xxx is a great sub! but are too overpriced IMO. 1200 for one sub is ridiculous. and the SI mag is very nice too. its really a toss up on what you want to spend. i know that i like the FI Q's and BTL's as everyone on this forum does also. they get loud, and sound great while doin it

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 928
the dd will get the loudest out of those more than likly. but it still retains sq. the si mag from what i hear would be a better choice for your application. they can be ran sealed but most people use them at 28hz

"by the way, you guys would convert a priest to buddhism."

hahaha

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2576
just trust us man i would grab a dd over a si mag and with 2500 rms it will be amazing trust me i have one and love it has great spl and great sq

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
the xxx 12" is $650, si mag d2 $450, and i have no idea what the dd9512 goes for, do you?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2578
about 600 depending on dealer you might be able to get it for cheaper

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
will 2500w rms push two of 'em sealed?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3677
if ou order stright from DD you get a 20% discount... off their site, www.ddaudio.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2579
^^^^ wrong section.. this is amp section guys hehe lol!

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2582
dont put dd in sealed it sounds amazing in ported i bet dd's will sound better in ported than sealed

if u want 2 subs grab the 3500 but if u want just 1 grab a 9500 and if u definetly want to run sealed i would say the only dd you have option of running is a 2500 which still slam

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
Just buy the DD9500 series and forget about it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
there's a couple of dd 9515's on e-bay im putting a bid on.

Gold Member

Google is your Friend

Post Number: 6380
holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cow.....

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIF you are concerned with strict hard-hitting SQ. then you need to get some subs in a High Q sealed Enclosure.

For Strict SQ that has the utmost transparent SQ and transient response...you want some subs in a Low Q sealed Enclosure, like what i am going to do.

DD's sound AWESOME, one of the most distortion free, hard-hitting CLEAN subs on the planet.

but for LOW bass, and a relatively FLAT response, you will not find it in a DD tuned to right above Fs. lol unless it is a 2500 Series, ORRRRR any series with less spiders -- custom ordered -- NEw.:-)

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 931
so whats your new set up muddy a Q? what box sealed?

after i run my dd for a while im probly going to try out the compx2 rl-p or Q

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 281
jesse....up there you said: " i don't want a ported box b/c thier not responsive. and the bass gets thrown together and drowned out. in my opinion, a ported box is great if your hitting one hard drawn out note at a time, but thier not responsive and dont recover well. thats why i want sealed."

I am going to strongly disagree with you...because I have one 15 in a ported box....and it is very responsive and clear....and it also gets loud enough for me right now....it all depends on the sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
you sold me on the digital design 9512 x2. they'll have to be ported, and that really isn't what i want. i am confident they'll sound good though. i am gonna wait a few days to see what this e-bay auction will do. if it doesn't come together there, i'm in contact with a dealer that will deliver personally at the db nationals here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
i'm concerned with the amp though. is 2500 watts enough to push 3000 rms subs? also i better check the ohm load for the e-bay subs so they'll run 1 ohm.

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 939
you can run that amp at .5ohm for daily and those subs will move with 3000rms so see how you like them if not add more power

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3703
i woudnt wire it to .5 ohms. never a good idea if the amp cant wire down that low.... i would just get a bigger amp. like a 3k one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
yeah, there is a really good deal on the 5000d though. $550 for 2500 rms.
i'm sceptical of no name amps that claim big wattage. they could draw a lotta juice with little output.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
if it can go to .5 ohm, wouldn't it advertise it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
i'm feenin for these subs so bad. i'm tempted to buy em new and get them today instead of waiting till tuesday for the auction to end. probably be a $600 difference.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
200 amp alternator big enough? with two optima's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
i got a good feelin about these subs. if i win the auction (which i'll bid vigorously), i'll be runnin 15's instead, ported. guys, i know it was difficult and i appreciate all your help!!!!!!!! the digital designs is a good choice, and i couldn't have done it without you. told my buddy bout 'em, now he wants some too.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 435
wow... this thread is to big maybe ill finish reading it all one day...
and chauncey...
""9,000 posts just mean you have no life LOL"

yeah..its just i have a computer at home and at work..i guess im just privileged.. I have lots of fun everyday..im only 19 and i bet i make more money then u...thats alot of fun..llolololol"
Im on the same level.. work, school or in my ride with the satelite internet on the laptop i got internet everywhere... and i make bank for a 19 year old...

Listen to these people man, helped me out alot.. but for SQ you deffinetly dont want those mtx subs.. and if your trying to get a brand that you have heard of before.... just so you can have that "safe" feeling lol go with some JL13w7's in a sealed box....? if that was mentioned.... i got lazy and didnt read the second half of this forum its wasy toooo long lol

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 436
BTW if you do notice in competitions, most of these underground brands are seen there because they are better then the commonly known brands that business's like bestbuy deal with

Gold Member

Google, use it

Post Number: 6447
so you went from wanting 2 MTX's in sealed boxes, to 2 DD 9515's in ported boxes.....2 totally diff setups... lol

on will sound like sh1t and hit hard(MTXs)

and the other will maim a small child and sound CLEANNNNNNNNN:-)

come back to us for box building tips...don't go and build the biggest box you can(although that might be necessary b/c each sub likes about 4.5-5 cubes a piece:-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9213
good that after such a loooooooooooooooooooooooooog thread this guy made a better choice .....

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 983
^^^ good call on the DD's

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 439
Hip Hip

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 440
HURRAY!!!

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 441
if you have a good ported setup you still can have great sq just hard to get that as the same as sealed... but its still tolerable :-)

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 945
the orion can be ran at .5ohm and people burp them at .25 all of the time. you dont belive me go to caraudio.com and tons of people will tell you it can be ran at .5 daily and thats how they run theres with no problems and no overheating.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
good lookin, mat dope. i hit up the caraudio forum. very helpfull on the amp. theres alot of threads there on it. ands they said it would run strong at .5 ohm daily.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2644
^^^^ too many orion fans hehe, run it at 0.5 ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
now i'm really screwed. went by the local shop to buy a ported box for the dd9515's, and it wont fit. they said i would have to have someone build the box inside the truck to get them to fit. estimated at 1200.00.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 277
go to the sub section and post that you need a box for the dd9515's and someone should be able to help you out. Local shops always overprice things. I went to a local shop to find out about a custom box for my cvx's and they wanted $500 now i got this dude from these forums building mine for $110. He lives here in portland though, otherwise shipping would be kinda spendy.
You could also check this site out.

http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6019
he said he has to build the box inside the truck cause if he builds it and trys to put it in it won't fit.

why don't you try to do it yourself/?

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 278
ahhh my bad, all i seen was $1200 and was like whoaaa.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
one will fit, but there is no way to get the other in. i thought about taking the back seat out and cutting the braces to slide it in that way. he said the back seat would be fukd though (no support).

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1019
what kind of car do you have? as long as there is 16" clearance you should definatly be able to get a box in there but you might have to build it in there.

if not you could always make it slanted so it wouldnt be as high but go a little farther back

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
the trunk is big enough. old school buick. it's 17 1/2" high, 42" wide clearance, 38" deep if i take out the 6x9's.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3740
you def got some room man.why were you going to a local shop anyway? lol

NEVER EVEN THINK! about going to get a pre-fab box for those 9515's. lol, you just do not do that.

build it your self, or have someone build it for you. i am making some boxes lately and you could hit me up if ya want. i would check out http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/

and see what they charge. feel free to hit me an e-mail or somthin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
why would they need something other than a regular 3/4 in. mdf ported box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
i am stressed!!!!! i just want to bang and be happy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
my worries are over!!!! just won two dd 9512's on e-bay. should be able to fit them in the car. Is there something i should know about the enclosure?
DO THEY NEED SOMETHING OTHER THAN A PRE-FAB BOX? WHY?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1916
do not buy a prefab box! they are poorly made boxes. have a place build you one to the subs specs if you can not make it yourself.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3744
like i said, pre-fab boxes are ust random boxes that they make that just house random subs. those are fine if you have some shitty audiobahn or pyle subs. but when you get good subs, you want to make a box built EXACTLY to the specs of ur subs. like i said, you can hit me up with, dl_blazer@yahoo.com if you want a box, or you can go to that one profesional site and ask for quote.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
i ordered two custom box's to dd specs. 2 cu. ft., 30in. port area, 16in. long bent port. with a double thick front. all for $200. + shipping.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3745
thats a horrible price. 2 custom boxes????/ wtf hahaha, you need 1 box, that houses both subs. cant belive you just did that without eve askin anyone. there are plently of people on here that would help you out designing one, instead of wasting a bunch of money because the box is proly tuned to 40 hz, which mans no sq whatsoever

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
your right 40hz, thats dd specs. where does it need to be tuned to for sq. and how?
it has to be two boxes to get them in the trunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us