Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1758
is that yours! if it is i hate you!lol
that's a 12" right, and what size box is it in? and tuned to what? you better give a review cause thats' the sub i want and i want to hear all about it.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1759
dammit, didn't bump.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9096
Looks Shweeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!

most importantly = hows it sound ???

im thinking of getting 1 of their 15" 2000wrms model 2 be powered of my wcc/orion 2500d amp .....

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 383
WUploadW!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 214
yeah hows it sound?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5573
N I C E ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1220
its the 12" getting 1100-1200wrms in 2.8 cubes @ 35hz.
this thing was heavy! about 34 pounds. my previous setup was a 12" arsenal. this thing is noticable louder than the arsenal, especially down low! the SQ is about the same as my arsenal i cant really tell a difference personally

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 14
Let it break in some and let us know how it sounds to you long term. Keep us posted.

Thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1817
Nice Matt, wut did u do wit ur arsenal?? So that sub hits loud and clean on the lowz??

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 89
bump

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1926
wtf is Fi??????????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1221
TJ- i put my arsenal in the cardboard box the Fi came in, trying to get rid of it now. but yeah it hits the lows loud n clean. I want to hear it in a box tuned lower but im not building a new one.

Fi is a new underground company designed by the same guy who designed the RE subs.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1818
Hell ya Matt then ima get 1 fo sho, well i hope u get ur arsenal sold.....

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3478
it doesnt seem like ur that impressed matt? usually people would be like "omg, this sounds fckin mamazing, def. beter than my arsenal and wayyyy loud" lol how much louder is it you think

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5988
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD AND BABY JESUS AND THE VIRGIN MARY AND THE 3 WISEMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UploadUploadUploadUpload
that is a SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXY looking sub!!:-):-)

oh btw bassman, your a f*g.....:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5989
hmmmm pics didn't work...i'll try again. i love em:-)

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5990
looks like they did work.......

TRipl3 PosT!!!!!:-O

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 760
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2528
yes he is looks sweet man

Gold Member

Post Number: 6002
that sub really does look wayyyyyy better than the one i posted in my Fi thread....makes me want one even more:-) one day....lol

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1819
lol hell ya Muddy dat sub looks like a monster....look at the basket and magnets yup yup its just so beutiful...

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1820
o and dat fat azz surround...

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 971
lol muddy, when are you gonna get one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1225
no no, i am very impressed just not dramatic. where i am most impressed is the low freq, it plays them loud and shakes the sh1t out of things! i compared them with blueberry yum yum and with my arsenal it wasnt loud at all and with my Q its sooooo loud. i thought if you could tell an audible difference between subs, it was at least 3db louder.. so if thats true i would say this sub has got 3db on the arsenal. i wanna get metered

Gold Member

Post Number: 6004
play a song called "Night Bass" by Bass Mekanik.

see howit does ~2min and on into the song.:-)

please....so we can put this "Don't expect much on the low end" baby to bed. f*ck

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 777
Thats prolly my favorite song just for bass :-) .. one of these days when i get a video of my system i'll show everyone how that songs makes me one step closer to calling an insurance claim for losing the rear window

Gold Member

Post Number: 6016
lol.

the loudest song on my system is by far "Welcome Stranger" by Bass Mekanik......god that song is awesome. the first 30seconds and then when it says welcome...stranger....((((((((BOOM))))))))

Gold Member

Post Number: 1227
where can i find Bass Mekanik songs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6018
i have a few....:-)

email please:-)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1821
Yup u gotta luv night bass, so far i think on my system # 5 @ 1:26 hits low and loud, it shakes tha fu*k outta everything, but ya i noticed there are no vids on ROE of "Fi", wonder y and u should put one on Matt......

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1822
o lol # 5 on the bassest hits album....

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 32
Q's get sick down low. Im gonna try to tune my down to 28 hz and see what happens! :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11627
the Q is designed by the same guy who did the first gen RE subs (looks a bit familiar doesn't it?) and the Q is on par in performance with the first gen XXX, only less expensive.
Looks just like the XXX to me.. or very close anyway.

good sub. I was thinking of trying their fifteen in my car.

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 18
Actually its night and day different than the older XXX subs. The XXX utilized XBl motor topology, while this one is a medium gap, long coil overhung design. But, you are correct with the basket, and most of the soft parts. They are the same basic soft parts as they have been proven very durable and reliable over the years.
I did the designs for the current RE stuff as well.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos13

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 164
so whats up with the ssd lol i wanted to get a 18" ssd but no one talks about them or i dont think anyone has bought one of those yet looks like im gonna have to get a Q 18"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1230
well i would put a vid on ROE but i dont have a camcorder, firewire port on my comp, or video editing software, or else i would :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1231
theres only 1 thing i didnt like, and that is when they put the dustcap on, they must have used too much glue because its all sticking out from under the dustcap you can see it in the pictures. it looks worse in person, but all good it doesnt effect performance...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5593
my re sx is the same way. scott must like to use a lot of glue. lol.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5594
btw scott, i noticed that you are in vegas. do you guys have a showroom or something like that. i take a trip to vegas at least twice a year and next time i am there i would want to check out your shop.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1232
i dont think scott builds them all. to my knowledge he just designed them and built a few.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6029
from what i have read....the Fi Q is a bit louder than the old XXX and retains the same SQ....and for nearly half the price....what more could you ask for?:-)

i doubt that Scott builds them all, he wouldn't have any time to answer emails and get on the forums, and w/e else he must do to keep the business running. but seeing as though he designed them(and has QUITE the rep from RE) i have faith in whoever is following his directions. lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5613
the main reason for me wanting fi subs alot is cause i love re. i have the re sx and i love this thing. since scott designed the re's and the fi's i am thinking the fi's would be awesome drivers. i would still love to own re subs but they are way to expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 220
Yea...I noticed that glue right away but I didn't wanna say anything :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 6037
i don't mean to be the antagonist, but who cares??? at least you know the damn thing isn't goind to come off:-)

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 19
Im sure many of you have noticed that you get emails a 3am... Thats often how late I am up doing emails and checking forums. You wont be receiving emails during work hours, as I am simply making subs at that point or machining motors. Its pretty much a one man show, with one other guy helping pack and crate (and screw baskets to finished motors).
If you have an issue with your sub, it falls squarely on my shoulders. The dustcap is matte black and the glue dries gloss black... so in direct sun or with a flash it does stand out. I try to keep it in check, but I would rather have some come out the edge and it not fall off... then not be sure if it is an airtight seal and it flys off... Talk about glue coming out of the dustcap... the BTLs have an extra bead around the entire outside as well.

Will I refrain from my copious amounts of glue on the dustcaps? Probably not... Ill stick to making sure that the dang things wont fly off :-)

Back in a couple hours to feel the wrath of the forum...lol

Username: Joeman

Post Number: 3
Scott You have PM.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5624
man the glue is fine scott. don't worry about it. you are making EXCELLENT subs.

when i order the subs and when you are shipping it, can you do me a favor and sign the spec sheet?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6048
when i order mine....can you like spill glue all over the front of it....i want to make sure nothing comes loose.Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5628
lol nice pic muddy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6049
i just thought it was kinda funny how robert was commenting on the glue around the dustcap, yet he owns a sub with one of the highest failure rates in the biz, maybe kicker should take some advice from Scott.Upload

j/k Robert, only busting kicker's balls, nothing agianst you man. lol

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 20
Chad,
Can I sign it with glue?

(Sorry Matt and others... I couldnt resist. I am honestly far from an @ss on forums, but sometimes I cant help but make a comment or two :-) )

Muddy... I think he used to roll by one of my skate spots in Chicano Park down in San Diego. His 6X9s did hit pretty good though.

Bronze Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 44
Pics of my install here.

http://www.wensleydale-sheep.com/images/ShearlingRam.JPG

Gold Member

Post Number: 6051
lol. whose 6x9's???? lmao!

you couldn't possibly mean Hoppin Hitler's? ROFL

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 21
Renegadesrun... Stealthy instal. Needs curb feelers though.

Muddy... Yeah. He used to roll hard around the park. 3 wheels, FBSS... You know. I dont think he liked me skating there ;)

Bronze Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 50
I hid the wires well. Zip ties are teh bomb.

All in the install.........

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5632
lol sign with glue.

scott did you design the re amps too? if so are you going to have some fi audio amps?

man only 2 weeks left. i can't wait. i wish time would go fukkkkking faster.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1801
chad, i asked the about amps to, this is what scott told me:

"Been there and done that with amps. Unless we can build them in house, we wont touch them. I have had too many problems over the years with amp vendors and their unknown changes."

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5635
thanks mike. well i guess amps are out of the question. lol. cool i settle for just the subs.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1832
o sh!t, so scott designed those Q's?? wow alot of known car audio ppl are gettin on like dat steve meade, pretty soon Bass Mekanik is gonna pop up!

I WANNA Q BUT BY THA TIME I BUY 1 THEY ARE ALL GONNA BE SOLD OUT!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6054
you dumba** he builds them when you order it...how can he run out??? lolol

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1833
o lol, hey Muddy CHILL ima burnout k..:-) :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1238
just for the record i dont have any problem with the glue :-) i love my sub thanks scott

Bronze Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 57
Extra glue is .3 db louder. ;)

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 613
nice sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 1241
ooh and thanks for the songs muddy ill let you know how they sound. probably tomorrow =)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6055
welcome:-)

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1741
so u skate scott???
skateboarding maybe???
u any good or are a middle aged guy
reliving ur childhood :-O
just tryin to give u a hard time man
but ur subs are excellent i saw 4 18" btl's
hit 155 this past weekend on a TL...but i believe he only had 1200 watts on it or wuz it 2400..hmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure if it wuz only 1200 tht is amazing!
oh and i saw 1 18" btl in an SUV hit in the 140s in bass race....faboulous job :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1742
bump!

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11645
hey Ren long time no see buddy

Scott, I was actually a big fan and proponent of the first gen XXX, and XBL^s. I like it's linearity, and Bl curve, but I'm more about SQ and accuracy than SPL, but having that throw and power handling was a plus when using a bridged Orion 2250SX to drive it.
Anyway, moving to a single fifteen in a sealed enclosure in the spare tire well of a '66 Charger, so looking for a good fifteen for thtat application, on the same bridged amp.
Need mounting depth info, at least.. and as I recall, the Q comes in a dual 2 ohm model which is ideal (4 ohm load)

It'll be matched to a dynaudio system 360 front stage powered by another 2250SX (250x2@4ohms) handled by a Pioner P9 combo head/DSP

Good output is a plus though, since it has to overcome a 496ci bigblock that's been build rather substantially.

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 22
Drivignreckless... yes I do. No, I suck, lol... but I have done it all of my life and Im not about to stop now. It got me into trouble a few years back after really screwing up my ankle less than a week before CES and all of my meetings with OEM clients. Really hard to talk around the fact I was on crutches... or at best when I could, hobbling badly. For some reason finding out that you are entrusting your livelihood and business to some punk that still pushes around a skateboard, simply doesnt inspire trust. But if I told them I tripped on a gopher hole on the back nine of Pebble Beach, all would have been fine :-) I can make out the upside down view of my half pipe in the back yard in the chrome of the MT on the RE site... not plain as day, but I know what it is :-) Thanks for the thumbs up on the BTLs.

Glasswolf... If I remember right they put out about 1300W each? A single Q15 would work well with that sealed. The Q15 is 8.5" deep from the back of the flange. Should make for a very nice clean system.

Thanks...

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11648
ahh someone who even knows how to clearly state a masurement. I miss dealing with other engineers. haha
yeah this one is about 1500WRMS bridged (I've tweaked it a little, reworking the power supplies to improve some shortcomings in Orion's original designs from the 80s. It helps having been an authorized Orion repair tech/facility as well as a dealer/installer) I think I've got about 10" to play with, if I glass in the tire well, and build a falce floor to level out the trunk (it slopes downward from seats to tail) so I think I should be able to squeeze around 3cu ft out of that section. When the car is out of paint I can measure to be sure.

Out of curiosity, what made you move away from using XBL^s? Royalties? Adire being shites about their technologies? I used a pair of the original XXX 12" subs, and was extremely fond of them. I probably talked a couple dezen people into buying them as well, at least. I was disappointed to see the new XXX leave XBL^s, and jump staggeringly in price. To be honest, everyone I know in the community just laughs at RE now, with their $900 subs that nobody can afford. When they were reasonable in price, RE was top dog. It's good to see another indie company spring up to fill the gap they left.

I've been waiting for the release of a prototype of a new fifteen from a friend's company, but due to delays in manufacturing, I'm not sure how that's going to turn out, so I've been looking for acceptable alternatives, and I'm extremely picky. I think Fi may be the solution I was hoping for to fill a need I have to meet to have this car ready for SQ events next season.

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 25
Glasswolf... Not clearly enough as I usually have 3 decimal places :-)
Sounds like youll have plenty of room.

The new subs jumped to whatever price they are now after I left. We were still selling them for a reasonable price (considering what they are) but it appears things have changed some. Most people that have them will tell you that it is quite a bit more of a capable sub than the older XXX. Its just that the older versions "flagship" status was under fire constantly vs the MT. I know I know... night and day different applications, but try explaining that to the guy on the phone that simply wants the "best" speaker. So I decided to up things a little to make its "flagship" tag for RE pretty unmistakable. Anyway... lots of water under a bridge. I glue different stuff together now :-)

Thanks...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6085
your making me want to go sealed......and it is soo much easier.:-) hmmmmmm

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11652
I have a great urge to strangle people who say things like "I want the best sub" or "I want to be heard 5 blocks away."
I spend more time explaining that there is no "one best sub" for every application, and basic acoustic principles to people than I care to think about. It's a shame that a lack of education by the lowest common denominator determines the course of a product's development. The XXX (old) was a high excursion SQ sub, and wasn't designed to be "the loudest" but to have extremely linear performance and a nearly ideal Bl curve even at peak excursion. For that, it was a dream come true.
The MT on the other hand was purely an SPL product, and SPL isn't really my thing unless some customer is paying me to design and build it.

I wonder if RE's change in price schedule had anything to do with their majority stock changing hands to parent company.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1781
nice scott
how old are u dude?
u still sk8 u must be in ur twenties or early thirties!
u like riding street?
vert?
also u ollie stairs??im working on a huge 13 stair right now :-O
ill film it this weekend

Silver Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 419
Muddy, your welcome for your new Icon pic!!!Upload

Silver Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 420
You.....UploadUpload

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 223
can anyone get me there website...

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1828
www.ficaraudio.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 6103
Upload

:-) lol

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 27
Drivingreckless... I havent done a large set of stairs in years. I have pins in my ankle from a little skating incident many years ago and so I have stayed away from eally heavy hits like that... well the faster you go, the less impact you have (unless you dont stick it :-) )
I skate whats available. I had a half pipe in the back of my last house (moved to another new one last year and this one has a MUCH smaller yard so not ramp :-( )
But for the past 2 months I have barely had a chance to skate at all... for some reason I have become a little busy. The last 3 times Ive gone skating were simply on family walks to the park with my wife and son. End of next week Ill be in CA for 5 days and Ill go hit up a couple of my favorite spots when Im there. I drag out some of my old friends and we creak and groan... and try to look like we used to...lol No more impossibles to k-grinds for me. Im happy if I can pull off a blunt slide on a parking block or stick a clean kick flip over something.
But skating for me is about as natural as walking.. I really only have been on my feet 3 more years than on a board. Just feels right even though I suck, lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1802
bro ur freakin b@dss
ive been sk8in since i was 7 although
i am young thier is no way i can impossible to crooks

my best flip in grind trick would have to be a kick flip back tail on his hubba ledge bout 2 feet high
i did the hole thing it was CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYY
not sketching at all..but ive wanted to ollie this 12 stairs thits weekend but a little misfortune happened

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11662
Scott, got any DMAX results on the Q15?

or an IM screen name that might make this easier?
I don't kep up with this site much on dialup. it's far too slow and unresponsive most of the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6279
i have been using email for about 2 weeks. lol

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 245
hahahahah^^

Platinum Member