There are here!!! Legatia L3 with pics!!!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 883
Well, I got my L3's today and installed them in the kicks. I will give a very small review today on them and explain some stuff about them.

They are 3in drivers with a good frequency range from 150hz to 10khz. Wide range and small driver that can do IB. I have mine sealed in a kick panel. Right now i've done a sine sweep on it from 20-20khz. The driver was hooked to a CDT SATNet 480 crossover so it only played to about 5khz or so. Driver didn't like anything below 120hz not saying it won't play it but it wasn't liking it from some of the sounds. It really excelled in the 800-4khz range which it really liked which means instruments and vocals are nice and clear. Mixed really well with the drt-25 tweet.

As for the driver itself. Quite small as its 3in and moutning depth is only 2in. IB makes it quite easy to throw almost anywhere you can think of. Ideas have already been running through my head for different setups. My first setup would be the one I have with two 6.75s in the doors, the L3 in the kick alongside the tweet. My other setup i may do to interchange the two is 2 sets of L3s in the doors and an 8in driver next to them. But who knows.

O as a last note, installation of the drivers will play a significant part in the overall sound of the drivers, as install is important with any install. I have found a slight imaging problem with the drivers kick which makes it hard to time alignment due to the drivers placement it shoots more towards my legs. Easy fix but something to note on. The nice thing though is this driver is such a unique size that it allows you to consider many places like high on the door, A-pillars, in the dash(nice for Jeeps and trucks)and even places like the BMWs with the Harmon Karmon setups. So let the possibilites begin. I will be doing more testing tomorrow and will give you more critical listening reviews of the drivers. Sorry no graphs cause one, I can't get one, and two I prefer to tell you how it sounds. O and here's the pics Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3687
sweet!!!!!

saw'em on caraudioforum.:-)

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 884
they sound even better

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3690
lol

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 937
Legatia 3" Objective Measurements:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2969

Legatia 3" vs Trius 3":
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2974

Bronze Member
Username: Cdj

Southern Ohio

Post Number: 27
To balance the above post, there are some interesting observations about the DIYMobileAudio testing in this post. The applicable part begins with Scott Buwalda's post on May 18, 8PM:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/215609.html

Username: Scott_buwalda

Post Number: 9
Thank you Carl!

Perhaps I should begin testing and reviewing my competitors products and putting my results on a web forum too? (sacasm)

Scott

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 896
Hey Scott, I did find a sweet spot for the L3's crossed at a 6db slope at 500hz and the 6.5in drivers in the doors at 12db at 400hz. Right now that is the sweet spot for my sound and imaging. I will be checking the polarity again tonight or tomorrow to make sure I don't have any cancellation but so far I am pretty sure its good. It is very funny using this and I already have some plans to use these on my C pillars for a rear fill.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 945
Just to put this in perspective, I didn't read either of those posts, nor do I know what's contained in them. I stop by that forum now and then and I knew they had some reviews of the equipment, so I figured it may be some help or give more information to anyone that was interested. (After reading the post by Carl) I'm not looking to damage anyone's product, I have no personal agenda. I was simply trying to help out anyone that wanted more information on the driver because alter said he didn't have any measurements.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us