Does anyone on here really know anything about car audio cause im not impressed?

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 320
and im 17 if so i have some questions that need answereing

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4793
ok why arent you impressed? Im always up for a friendly thought provoking discussion.

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 321
mabe a couple of you guys know about car audio but the majority of you guys dont i can say i know a little but as far as making a box i dont know sh!t i thought i did but when i talked to this guy he set me strait he told me that if you dont make it to the exsact dimensions you will have a whisle ever time the sub beats because of the ports dimension is off so before making a box reconsider this if you dont know what your doing buy one i asked him what the advantage is of making a box and he said to consume space that is un used when you buy a box but if that is not an issue then why make one. I have made my point i want to hear your comments.

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 322
one like this would satisfy just fine.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 167
i know what you mean zapcoe lol this site is only good for recomending set ups. and posting cr@p i love it!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1882
thats not true at all zepcoe alot of guys on here no what there talking about its just you ask so many stupid questions everyday that they dont want to answer them

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 438
sum ppl on here such as myself are just here to learn and u no wut it actually has worked since ive been talking on here i have installed 3 systems(i no its not tht many) also built 4 boxes and now im installing another system this weekend...also i have learned of wut to look for in subs and amps...most of the ppl here i tryin to learn while other experts such as glasswolf,issac, and jonathan...etc are hear to answer our questions........

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 324
see i piss people off but i say what everyone else is thinking

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4795
zapcoe my question to you is do you want to learn? If so how do you go about doing that? First and foremost you apply yourself, that means doing your part by educatiing yourself and using the vast resources at your disposal especially when it comes to the internet and yes good old fashioned books. The people on this forum are all at various levels of experience and knowledge and are for the most part all here sharing common intrests. All of us start at at one level when we come here but all of us can be enriched by this whole experience and the very oppurtunity of this website and what it has to offer. As is in life sometimes time, effort, and especially a positive mindset can take you a long way to your goals.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 302
I think by not getting the dimensions right, the guy meant leaks in the box..in that case it whistles b/c theres a small air leak. I've built a few boxes, and they all worked fine, with the exception of my last one, which worked, but the top of it cracked. i just finished repairing it..kinda. Anyways, on here you just kinda got to know which guys know about what. IMO theres several on here who know what they are doing.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1888
zepcoe which one of your questions did we not answer correctly and about boxes tons of guys are awesome at them on this site and sean rightt here is very very knowlegeble in car audio

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 872
the whistle sound most likely was caused by the port not being wide enough.

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 326
ok i get your point sean. i am just a lil pissed cause i spent 2 weeks tring to fiquer out how to build this box and now its wrong. but my question is i need the demensions for a box with (2) 12's ported SSi's. lookin like this one.
Upload
and i need the demensions for (2) 15's SSi's also
if you could plz it would be very appriciated.

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 109
holy sh!t sean, ur speach inspired me so much....u should be an english teacher or something, beautiful just plain beautiful:P

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1893
okay see zepcoe here is another point you have this thread then you start another one with the same exact thing try to keep it all in one thread actually you have 3 threads on the same subject now thats just annoying

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1133
^ yup. i think we all get annoyed by that

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 778
first zepcoe....u need to find out how much airspace those Treo need....and (if ur going ported) whut Freq u want it tuned to...the hardest part is physically building the box....the math is the eaasiets part...

this is not compleatly for ported box but give u the airspace calculations.....just input height length..depth...tell u the airspace that box will have internaly....

ok as for actually making ported boxes thats as much as i know...

y did u say that ur 17

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1135
zepcoe, no one just gives you dimentions on this forum. there are plently of sites out their like www.the12volt.com that you can select ur desired tunning freq. and then it shows u the kind of dimentions. look around a lil first. dont just say "i need dimentions" give me them! how are other people gonna know what dimentions to put ur box to anyways? we dont know the sqft in ur car or anything so its up to you on deciding what the minimum dimentions are

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1136
i'm 17 too, so wuts ur point. i had to research aka. books, internet to find what i know today

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 330
ok.. ill try and do the calculator thing for the 50th time be sure to check my cal. when im finished. ill try to stop putting up so many threads

Silver Member

Post Number: 779
yeah thats y i asked jus cuz ur 17 doesnt mean that u cant learn about audio....u have a count of 300 suthim i would assume that u could do some research an find out....i look at audio stuff 24-7....learned alot u should do the same

Silver Member

Post Number: 781
wow u coulda just checked this thread...materfact jordon posted a thread about his box so hear look..it seems like u werent trying to do much looking

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/225017.html

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2420
zepcoe...
when u have ALOT of time on ur hands...
visit and read every single bit of www.bcae1.com
or read a few sections and take important notes...keep reviewing them. they have a car audio exam to see if u kno everything.
u will lear n everything bout audio

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 333
i saw that but the problem is i have an explorer and i want my box tuned to 32 hz and his is 35. my will be different then his to because his is in a car

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 320
Heres a box for ya Zapcoe

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 118
hahahahahahahaha

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 451
damn marc ur really good with paint...lmao

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1903
thats a very nice box i think i might make one like that maybe you should also zepcoe lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 2423
zepcoe? u want a box idea...message me on aim
eclipsekeen54
il actually help u man. we all have to start sumwhere

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 321
na, just jokeing. Like everyone else i come here for quick ,easy anwsers. Some time I get em, some times I dont. I have found some other resources to find the solution myself. No one hear is trying to give bad advice, Just advice. every set up is different and thats why what may work for some ppl may not apply to your case. As far as box building goes, I got a basement full of unused boxes and will be building another one soon for my sub. Paitence and practice.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1904
zepcoe you should fire them with the ports going up it will get louder and you could use some aero ports or go slot ported if you want a really easy design just go to what is it accelerator pedal or whatever it is

Gold Member

Post Number: 2425
guys...u all should be ashamed of yourselfs.
i guarntee almost all of you all started out bumping sony and pioneer in prefab boxes. Not being able to match ohm loads or even think about tuning boxes.
we all have to start somewhere and at least zepcoe has the balls to say that he dosent know how to do much with boxes and that he wants to learn..
dont you all have any heart? DAMN

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1907
ya except one minor thing look at the title of the thread if he wants any respect from any of us then he shouldnt go around saying stuff like that just start a post saying i dont know about boxes please help if you know what im saying

oh by the way i started with 2 10" mtx thunder 4000's in a q-logic bandpass box which by the way absolutely slammed and it wasn not a one note wonder it was perfect lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us