Username: 2_tyma

Post Number: 1
in general what is your favorite size for subs
15?

i personally like 10's

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 430
I got to say 15's cuz i love deep,low,loud bass.

Bronze Member
Username: Fooky

St Lucia, We...

Post Number: 34
i like 12's cuz it gives u a combination of both bass (10' and 15's)....but i really wouldnt mind runnin a pair of 15's.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6767
12s

a bit more accurate than 15s & take up less space/weight

10s r ok but not 4 my preference .......

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 283
Well I've had 4 12's (3 at once, and 1 at once) and 3 10's (all together) all hooked up to the same amp. I gotta say that I just love how punchy these new 10's are, and they still can hit the lows ok. It feels like someone is punching you in the gut, yet it doesn't hurt your ears at all!!!! Which is exactly what I was going for!

On a side note, I would love to try a nice 15" in a sealed box, or ported tuned lowwww.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 284
SQ FTW!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 484
It all comes down to enclosure requirements and power. With the technology used today in making subs by reputable companies, size doesn't make too much of a difference on SQ. If comparing the same sub model in a certain company but different sizes, and lets say you want to hit 140dbs, the larger sub will have the easiest time getting to those numbers. I prefer 15s but with size limitations in the trunk I can go for 12s anyday. 10s don't really impress me as they really need to be in atleast pairs if not quads.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 295
Well mine are three DVC 6 Ohm, so I can run them at 1 ohm or 4 ohms, which is perfect. But yea I wasn't saying that size had to do with SQ, just saying that I loved how my 10's sounded :-) And that I would definitely give a 15 a shot if I had room for one :-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2474
i love my SX15, but i like 10's.

great lil space savers...and in the right box, you can get 1 10 pretty darn loud.

and 18's...they are just mosters :-)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3375
Lewass how are those 10w6v1's treating you by SPL ? Are they impressing you more now ? What amp are you running to them ?

Bronze Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 56
depending on what kind of bass you want, for nice clen tight bass were you can still just abot hear your speakers too go for 8 and 10's

12 and 15 is were you cant hear ur speakers unless you adjust. lol

im trying to say really loud

and 18^^^^ monster

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6187
15's, every time someone posts a ?uestion about subs, i automatically think about the 15 version

Bronze Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 44
gotta luv 12" in cars and 15" in SUVs..

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 349
i dont know... me pesonally i like a good pair of hard hitting 12's. 15's are a space hog for me.. and 10's just dont do the job

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 527
No substitute for 15s. 10s are too punchy, 12s are a little blaaa and 18s are too sloppy. 15s are jussst right.. :-O Polo..

Bronze Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Post Number: 26
it all depends on what you listen to. if you listen to rock then go with 10's no doubt. they will hit harder and faster so you can hear the bass drum hit louder and cleaner. but for rap go with either 12's or 15's cuz when the bass hits it will rumble through the car alot more than 10's will. so its all up to you and what you listen to

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 302
Lots of 10's!! LOL I think it's a matter of finding what sounds good to you, then buying enough drivers to make it loud enough!

Like three 13w6v2's !!!

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 303
MO check out my post for the answer to that!
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/210204.html

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1094
i like 10's but 12's are good also i just love quick tight punchy sounds lol

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 309
Hmm gotta go with the 12"

12" Italian BMT to be exact

Bronze Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 20
12's are my favorite, they have good low's and still be punchy

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 725
15s

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 703
when i first got into to car audio i absolutely did not want 12's b/c everybody else has 12's so i started off w/ 10's but i really loved the sound of 15's the deepness so i added a 15. then in my next car i went w/ 2 15's but i got sick of them and they didn't sound that great. so now i have 3 12's and my new 12's JL w3v2 are deeper then my old 15's and now i am a fan of 12's i believe they are the best of both worlds tight accurate bass yet also deep when you want them to be.so i guess it really depends on the make of the sub. it also seems like there are less and less good quality 15's out there like companies are going away from 15's.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 704
thats a great question too BTW barry. i don't think anybody has asked that before this is very interesting to see what people on here prefer.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5819
Dependant upon what midbass drivers I'm running. If you have relatively weak midbass drivers, you may want a 10" to be able to transition with it well. 12s I'd use on a better midbass driver, something that can cover down to around 80hz or so. 15s I'd reserve for powerful midbass drivers to mate with it, something like some 8" midbasses that can go clean to 50hz or so.

If I were doing a simple SQ system that didn't focus on any sort of loud, I'd go with a single 10" sub, possibly even a single 8" if it were strong enough. Not forceful bass, but sufficient to give presence to the bass region and add a little fill down low.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3380
Jonathan, what about a superb sub like a 12w6v2. I whould imagine it whould mate well with many midbass drivers.

Or even a ID MAX 12 / both sealed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us