Fusion PowerPlant or Type R

Bronze Member
Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 73
I have a dodge dakota Ext cab..and we built a box for my buddy who is going to have a s10...soo he was tired of them just sitting there while he waits for a s10 soo we put his 2 fusion power plants (12s) and the box we made ( ported and each woofer has about 2.25 cu ft of air.... well I wasn't going to get a system but we put it in there and its is just soo awesome...I want a system now..but I dont want to have the asme system as his but I do want somthing as good or better..I was wondering if I got a Alpine Type Rs would be just as good as the powerplants if not better...Heh as a audiobahn A8002T amp which I would prolly get too due to low of price and its pushes good....(and matchs all the blue leds in my truck and my truck and my underglow)..soo I was wondering what I should go...only wanna spend around 300 for the subs...thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1047
i'd get anything but alpine subs thats my .02

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1324
type r's aren't bad, nothing great but a lot better than sony and audiobum, personally i would go with some AA assassins, kicker cvr's. im sure theres more but i can't think.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1048
nah, my audiobaun are WAY better than ANY type-R i've eaver heard

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1947
i love fusion power plants...but depending on ur budget man

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 223
There are two Power Plant sub's in a box at the local pawn shop for like 150 or so. Worth it?

Bronze Member
Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 74
them power plants get it on...my rear view mirror fell off my dakota

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 147
"nah, my audiobaun are WAY better than ANY type-R i've eaver heard"

Man, I don't usually say anything about people's personal opinions, but I have to here. What kind of installs with type r's have you heard? Because for you to bash r's is fine. But to say that your audiobahns sound way better has to mean you have either heard a lot of alpine subs in plywood enclosures, or you're one of those guys who thinks an awsome stereo system just has to make your license plate rattle, and your mirror go way out of focus. I don't mean to sound like a dink if that's how I'm coming across, but christ!

And dude, how are you a gold member? I remember like 3 months ago when you registered because I said something about you spelling lexus coupe wrong on your username. lol

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 228
I think you have just bashed his sarcasm... If I remember correctly, he has JL W6v2's or something.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6317
he just got those JLs

i wish i could bring up my ride with my 2 Rs (even its pvc ported) & let some of u all hear it - so many ppl would immediately change their minds.........

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
I think he did have audiobahns or something.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/206112.html

"you all know my setup and the X that i heard i think it was 1100RMS to it, not exactly sure, but my 2 audiobauns BLEW it out of the water"

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1408
"But to say that your audiobahns sound way better has to mean you have either heard a lot of alpine subs in plywood enclosures"

Well, 3/4" MDF IS in the plywood family if you want to get specific! Just go to any lumber yard, and it's stocked in the same vicinity...

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
lol what is that supposed to mean?^^ No, I don't want to get specific. and if I did, plywood is plywood. It's sheets of lumber formed by pressing together multiple layers (ply) of fiberboard and wood. MDF is medium density fiberboard. It's a mush of wood particles and adhesive mashed into a board. It's all one consistency. They're totally different. My point was that a plywood box would sound like crap, because it would flex and as the glue between the layers broke down it would buzz and rattle. If you want to be specific.

Username: Fiber

Post Number: 8
my type r's sound alot better then the 2 ALUM12N i had. I was ashamed that i even bought those subs

Bronze Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 11
Get some CVR's i love those subs....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1052
ok dude, R's i've hated since the first time i heard them. they were 2 12" in a custom ported box. i think ti fit .3 ft^3 over the recomended for ported, and they sounded like sh!t. along with the single one in a ported. idk the RMS on either one of the set ups. but seriouesly, idk how it is, but BOTH SONY AND AUDIOBAHN sounded really good in my car. idk why that is but bash on me all you want, its the truth, every person that heard my system didn't think they were SONY and my AUDIOBAHNs can be heard from like 2 blocks away. and they sound really good. better than alot of systems i've heard. if any of you live in PHX AZ then i'll drive over to your house so you can hear them. im not kidding

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
how many different type R setups have you heard? just the one?
Honestly, if they were in a custom ported box, then it was a sh!tty box. I can understand someone not liking them, but SONY?! I don't need to bash you. I don't care what you like or don't like. But new members come to this site asking about alpine as an option for subs, and you flat out bash them because the "sound like absolute crap" then talk about sony and audiobahn like they sound good. And it doesn't help that you're a gold member so people might actually listen to you. If you're going to make such a strong judgement about a product, at least have some experience with it to back it up.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6339
u tell em Brett

if u heard 1 or 2 shittty Rs set ups doesn't mean u disclaim it so bad - heck if some1 used a 13w7 in a shittty install then would it mean that sub also is terrible ........

Gold Member

Post Number: 1055
i agree Rovin. BUT! this kid John, his set up is like toal custom and spent like 350$ on the box alone, im pretty sure he's pushin the R's to what they can do. i should tell you all why i don't like them. because this is causing friction i dont' want to have.
The R's to me sound like LOUD mid speakers. the quality in the R's is horrible in my ears. they sound like a really bad stock system with NO bass. trust me John has probably the best setup you can get with the R's EVERYONE at my school thinks its so great and the system is gods gift to the world, and its absolutely horrible in my ears. THIS IS ALL MY OPINION!!!!!!! hate me for it, or drop it, sorry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us