Alpine

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1014
ok everyone seems to love the R and over here the type-x is a god for some dumbass reason. i've heard the R's and i've heard 1 12" X. personaly i think Alpine can do ALOT better than these things. i really do think that Alpine has the potential to be up with the W7 and the XXX. to me Alpine subs are WAY over rated. anyone else think this? i know the R is a GREAT budget sub, not being sarcastic they are, but people over here are only thinking alpine alpine and are willing to spend god given amounts of cash for X's when they can get stuff that is so much better... why is this?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 979
Alpine has Good CD players, good but not great subs, same with speakers, and very good amplifiers. I know what you mean though. I have heard 1 12" Type X with 1000rms to it and my 2 Arsenals 12"'s with 500rms total were louder and sounded twice as good. The X's lack SQ to me. The R's have a little more but compared to stuff like the CVR, they just aren't the greatest. When I get some money some day I am going to buy subs like that and test them head to head though.

*Also, quick similarity I just thought of is MTX subs and Alpine subs are very similar in my opinion. Kinda have a flat sound. Still decent sounding and still can get kinda loud. But DEFINATELY neither of those subs can drop low like a CVR or nothing close to Arsenals.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1017
THANK YOU!!! Alpine has GREAT potential but isn't doing HALF of what they can... IMO

Silver Member

Post Number: 981
I rarely see eye to eye with people on hear just because car audio opinions are different of course, but I agree 100%. They used to be incredible, and still are good. But people JUST getting into car audio think they are godly.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6274
i think u already answered it

" i know the R is a GREAT budget sub"

- the trend on this forum is that most ppl here are young (alot of teens) & don't have much $ thats y Rs & RE pretty much rule around these parts .

U hardly see ppl posting about their 4 13w7 or 4 MMATS , IDmax , Shocker Sigs , & some of the higher priced stuff .

Same goes 4 HUs - how many ppl u seen here say they got that $1500 highend dvd built in h.drive player

Speakers - who has Morel , Seas , DLS , Dyn .

Amps like - Zapco , Harrison , Arc etc

Bottom line VERY FEW ppl here can afford that stuff .....

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1315
Rovin, where did you hear about shocker sigs? and really alpine is overrated, every1 on here makes them sound like some type of great sq sub, which it is no where close to being, good budget subs, but there are other subs in the same price range that dominate it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 985
Alpine Type R 12" on ebay= $90

Assassin 12"= $75

Assassin blows the Type R out of the water in all categories.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1018
LOL^^^^ i just had to get this out of the way, its been bothering me ever since those kids were talkin about how good the Jackhamer is, then saying an Alpine Type-X would tear my car appart. you all know my setup and the X that i heard i think it was 1100RMS to it, not exactly sure, but my 2 audiobauns BLEW it out of the water... idk prices on the X's at all but i would rather buy 2 subs than 1 12" sub. thats why i'd prefer to have my 2 10W6v2's over 1 13w7

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6276
"Rovin, where did you hear about shocker sigs?"

u hardlt ever hear anybody here talking about them - thats what i was saying above !

Dustin : u need 2 back up ur post & give examples so whoever is reading this thread will get a good idea what 2 buy ...no offense btw

well now that the Assassin 12"= $75 has now come out with a gr8 pricetag its gonna be the new popular kid on the block

Another sub which gets alot of attention is kicker cvr because its like only $90 or less .

"Assassin blows the Type R out of the water in all categories." - er did u see or hear in person !?

Every1 knows 1 own 2 Rs but I'm not argueing with any of u but if actually heard both & those AA r better then thats all i & others prolly wanna know ...

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 199
have a type r never blew it up or thought it was the best thing ever. but for the price it is a pretty good performer. overall a solid sub for the price, but not the best.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1042
yes the R is good for the price, but if your willing to buy 2-3 15" Alpine Type-X... would you do that?

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 155
"Assassin blows the Type R out of the water in all categories." - er did u see or hear in person !?

I dont think he has kids say stuff with out even hearing the product just shows how much he knows im not saying thats a true statement but you shouldnt say that unless you actually heard the product..............

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 143
Type X come in 10s and 12s, they don't make a 15. They retail at about $500 cnd, i think around $400 u.s. That's still way cheaper than w6 or w7s so you really can't compare. And comparing x's and r's to stuff like arsenals isn't fair either because a lot of people aren't willing to buy subs online, or just plain haven't heard of half these brands. Alpine is everywhere.
"you all know my setup and the X that i heard i think it was 1100RMS to it, not exactly sure, but my 2 audiobauns BLEW it out of the water..."
.......so? The type x isn't even advertised as an spl sub. It's an sq sub that gets loud. to say that 2 12 audiobahns blew 1 type x out of the water really isn't saying much. 2 of most subs would kill one type x, especially when x's are usually in sealed boxes, and if the 2 12's are in a ported box. I've heard crap get pretty loud before. I had 2 10" punch xlc's in a bandpass with a 100w amp that hit 141db, and sounded like absolute trash. Also, I've never heard assassins but I don't doubt that they sound great. However, they look like crap. Honestly, if I didn't know they were good, and was given the choice between a type r and an assassin, I'd probably laugh really hard before picking the type r. Even now, I'd probably pick the type R just because I'm too picky about install and how everything looks. Not to mention, it's always fun to brag. And it's tough to brag to someone who has no knowledge of car audio that my $75 assassins sound so much better than their $400 type r's, and if they don't believe me they can go look on ecoustics. I admit, I bought my type r's before I really knew a lot of the brands out there. If I were to buy my subs now, I'd probably think pretty strongly about going with RE. But, for a mainstream sub, you can't deny that for the price, the type r and even the type x are a good sub.

Anonymous

The Type Rs are way better then the audiobahns u have Nolimit

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6690
How do you guys quantify which product is better than the other?

Is there some sort of standard that you go by?

Is hearing the product and making your own subjective evaluation enough?

I am not well versed in this type of equipment, that is why I am asking.

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 144
opinion mainly. of course they fall within different classes. No one needs to listen to a $700 sub next to a $50 sub to decide which sounds better. But different subs are good for different applications. People have different tastes in music, and different ideas of what sounds good. You can be guided to a good product on here, but in the end you'll have your own opinion on what you want. I guess that's why all these guys have had so many different brands and models of equipment. You rarely hear of someone really into car audio keeping a system for over a year. It'd be great if you could be lead to the best equipment the first time, but you'll always hear something better.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 661
i would rate my type Xs as spl 4/10, sq 7/10, and overall for the price 6/10. in a sealed box 2 12's sound good and are still pretty loud. whoever said they dont hit low is incorrect, they actually hit very low in a good box. as you can see im not saying they are great by any means but they are alright.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2950
"ok everyone seems to love the R and over here the type-x is a god for some dumbass reason."

lol, who are these people that think type-x is a god. i've heard people say they sound good but not that good.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6709
So the ratings are subjective!

If this is the case and there are no objective references to judge another system over the other...no one really has the right to criticize another system. Because you are judging it based on your own personal taste and personal bias.

Very interesting to know!

Silver Member

Post Number: 986
I said they don't get low. The X's get lower than the R's but still nothing compared to my Arsenals.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2956
imo its so lame to buy the arsenals cause i would rather spend the extra money and get the havoc.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6288
I 2nd that ^^^ !...

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1317
well i heard a 12inch type r ported running off some oof the wall amp and i wasn't impressed, the sq was ok but not impressive, and when i say theres better for the price i was talkin about AA assassin, RE re, AA atlas(when it was still made) and kicker cvrs. and i think im about the only one on here that talks about shocker subs, i never knew if any1 else has ever seen a shocker sub.and has any1 noticed thats theres no more anon and you have to register to post.

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 55
nobody really bought the arsenals i would of went for the havocs too and he cant really compare the subs cause hes underpowering them with a kicker 450.2 lololololol hahahahahaha that just makes me laugh.That is not lame that is just plain retarded.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1318
bump

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 217
Chad didnt you have the type x's?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2962
yes cameron i still have the Xs. i don't go around claiming that they are the best though. if you have read some of my other posts i am looking to upgrade. the type Xs sound good but it just doesn't get loud enough for me.

i think the type Xs sound better than audiobahns nolimit. lol. don't know why you compared the two. i used to have the audiobahns and the sq was awful.

i used to type Rs and they were pretty loud and clean. they are very nice subs imo. its just so many people have it and talk about it. i can see why some people would get sick of them. i got rid of them cause i wanted a more powerful system.

when i had the re se xxx (re se with xxx softparts) that sub destroys all other subs i had. even the type Xs i have now. only reason i got rid of that one was cause i couldn't find another one. i wanted two subs not one. that is why i sold that one. that sub had awesome sq and got really loud. i mean loud. awesome sub.

dustin.........hell yea no more anon. this is awesome......

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 219
I remember one post where you said you werent impressed. I don't care for them that much. You still looking to upgrade to JL?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2965
yea i am looking to upgrade in a few weeks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us