Frequency response

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 206
is it bad if a sub goes from 18 HZ all the way up to 700HZ...someone told me that u dont need itto go past 100bc all the other speakers get those ranges....so if i were to buy a sub that goes to 700 would that be bad??..or do i port the box and have it tuned so the sub doesnt go near 700 HZ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
"i have mine set to play anything 30-75hz, but i've seen ppl cut off at 90hz but i think its pointless to go up that high"

can i "set" the sub to not go above 75??

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 733
you set it on the amp, i think its called lpf[low pass filter] and hpf[high pass filter] it filters out all the hz above the hpf and below the lpf i think u might wait untill some1 that knows more about it answer.

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 169
ahhhhhhh....this is common sense....if u have a sub that goes up to 1000hz it is not bad its just pointless because your mid and high range speakers pick up those frequencies.

Bronze Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 39
my friend had this seperator thing that like made sure all the low bass went to the subs and the mid whent to the mid and the high went to the tweeders... what is that thing called?

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
but if i have a sub that goes up to 700 Hz...can i make it not go past 100....and if so how?>?

Bronze Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 40
yea can do that... i think its settings on the amp...

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3803
one thing I do want to point out though is IF you wanted to you could use a large speaker as a midbass instead of as a subwoofer cutting out the low end all together.......something we sometimes forget we can do

Gold Member

Post Number: 3804
this brings me back to an idea i shared on ecoustics before...if you had an amp like i do with seperate gains one for each channel you could use a fmod or seperate electronic crossovers to filter at different frequency ranges say one at sub range and another at midbass but this would require a bandpass filtering effect the way im thinking of it now....the advantage to approaching the setup the way im saying is that MOST amps are stable at a lower ohm in stereo than they are in mono so you have more wiring options that way if you need it plus you can use one amp to do what would have taken two amps to do normally

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 635
Sean,

"use a large speaker as a midbass instead of as a subwoofer cutting out the low end all together......."

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/177208.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 3808
thanks mixneffect thats a great idea for some really nice midbass

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 637
I wouldnt recommend that particular one, lol, but it can be done.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3810
to the budget minded individual it could work well but lol your right 3 mm xmax isnt too good but depending what you wanted to do with it say a computer subwoofer or home audio diy subwoofer heck even a homemade sonotube type tline it might do the job im considering building a sonotube type tline with one of the 6.5 pyramid midbasses i picked up off my buddy for 4 of them at 10 bucks total ...they have a 67 hz fs i believe ...ive never built a tline and im curious

Gold Member

Post Number: 3811
im probably going to buy my buddies unic amp for 5 bucks its car audio but i figured hook it up to my spare pc power supply i got a free power source to hook it up the amp is 70 watts rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us