Pioneer TS-W3004SPL subwoofer box

Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 7
Does anyone else have a Pioneer TS-W3004SPL subwoofer? and if you do can you tell me what kind of box you have it in. My sub pounds pretty good but i think I can get more out of it.

bassetc
Unregistered guest
i was actually thinking of buying a few. what kind of amp are you running? have you had it tested for dbs? i've heard 1.75 ft^3 w/ 4" port, 6" deep is right, but I would assume for such a big sub it would sound better in a bigger box. do you run ported or sealed? how does it sound...any better than an r type?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1793
why not got to Pioneer's site & get the box specs from there ?

bassetc
Unregistered guest
i've always heard that stats for boxes from manufacturers are usually based towards "best" sound and not necessarily spl or sq, etc.

Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 10
search for and download Win ISD then plug in your thiele smalls for it, this won't show you how efficient the sub's going to be but it will graph how it will sound.

bassetc
Unregistered guest
does anyone have this sub? I really want some knowledgable, fisrt hand opinions. all the reviews I've read online sound like they are done by people who are idiots and have a decent amount of money.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1817
maybe u can post in this guy's thread & hopefully he will reply u

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/170908.html

Post Number: 8
Yeah I have the Pioneer sub. It's awesome, I guarantee it would work a Type R. It doesn't put out 3000 watts obviously but it still pounds amazing. Right now I have the PRS-D3000SPL amp hooked up to it( It's the amp that Pioneer made to match the sub) I'm getting another one of these subs and my system will be twice as loud. And db wise I think the guy said i've got about 130 right now? I'm not sure if that was it forsure or not

Post Number: 9
How much were you gonna buy each sub for basstec?

bassetc
Unregistered guest
about $140 or so online. so it kills the r type....exactly what I wanted to hear. now what do you guys think about porting them to about 35 hz instead of the 45 or so that they are specced at?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1872
would expect it to kill a R cause its 500wrms vs a 1000wrms sub .

Those Pios are more of an SPL sub & i read if u tune a box lower than what is rec ,it'll cause overexcursion & possibly bottoming out ...so be careful .

If your current box is made to rec volume -why not try maximum rec volume & tuned @ the same rec freq & see how that sounds ......

bassetc
Unregistered guest
well, pioneer says the requency response on the sub does down to almost 18hz, the fs is at something like 32 though...I figured ported at 35 hz wouldn't hurt anything. but then again I'm new to this box building thing so yeah....

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 21
If you tune a box lower wouldn't it damp the sub better at the port tuning? I was under the impression ported boxes had the most damping at there tuning frequency, so the sub may not benefit from the lower tuning and it will obviously lose some volume at higher frequencies. It's quite possible there's more going into it than I've learned, but from what I understand it should be ok, just might not be worth it. You should also get WIN ISD and plug in the box and port you want, it has it's limitations but it's free and it's cool!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us