Amp/ Sub missing bass lines

Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 1
I just got my(first) system installed a couple months ago, which consists of one 12" Pioneer TS-W3004SPL subwoofer and one Pioneer PRS-D3000SPL amp, and sometimes when I have the system at full volume it tends to miss some bass lines. If someone could give me feedback on what the possibilities of why this is happening would be cool. (ex. overheating possibly)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1687
do your headlights dim ?

Post Number: 3
A slight bit. but hardly noticeable..unless you really focused on it.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1691
i should have asked 1st - if your box was tuned to the rec freq ? , could possibly the brand of the sub itself as some subs tend to do that .

why i asked above about dimming lights is that its a sign of your system calling for more power meaning a more powerful alternator is the remedy .

BTW - how's that sub sounding generally ?, i do know its more of an SPL sub ........

Post Number: 4
The sub sounds awesome. No one has guessed that I have one 12" sub in my trunk.
Right now my amps bass boost is cranked to the max, and my uncle who is a electronics sort of guy thought it might be trying to put out to much power, or it might just be overheating..he wasnt sure since he had never seen my setup.
From what I know Pioneer doesn't have a tendancy to miss bass lines.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1692
"Right now my amps bass boost is cranked to the max" - that right there too can be it

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 118
who adjusted your amp, how long have you been into car audio, and last have what kind of hu do have is your bass and stuff turned up gain and all that it took me about three months for me to get my subs adjusted

Post Number: 6
Visions electronics. This is my first system. I've been into car audio for a while, but didn't put my system altogether until about 2 months ago. And yeah the gain is like cranked right now becuz visions installer guys are retards. So i'm going to do some tweaking with my amp settings soon.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 120
yeah go to someone you know well that actually know what they are doing, i trusted best buy to tune mine i was scared but after i found out he had a RE XXX 18" (it was very loud)i thought okay he knows what he is doing, wrong.... this guy had the gain set to 1volt when my hu puts out 4 and the volume was turned past my max 27 to 32 the highest it can go is 35 dont trust them kind of workers they just want a check. i found a guy that goes to comps. and he adjusted it for me

Anonymous

yeah, Bestbuy sucks. I got my amp installed at Futureshop (owned by Best Buy) and they had the gain way too high. And they also had a huge mess of my RCA and Power wires all tangled up under the seat. the power wires were putting huge interferences into my RCA lines. I had to clean it up myself.

anyway, to answer the original question, It could be the crossover set wrong and filtering some frequencies out. and yeah, if its a generic box not meant for that specific sub, that could change the sound output.

oh and please set your gain to your Headunit's preout RCA voltage.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 739
The problem with using the "bass boost" is that its centered at a particular frequency. Maybe around 45Hz or so, I don't know the specifics for your amp. If your bass line isn't near this frequency, it'll be overshaddowed by anything in the 45Hz range. Also, If you have the sub in a small peaky enclosure, you're not going to get a smooth response from the speaker. It will naturally boost freqencies near the tuning frequncy thats set unnaturally high. 3rd thing, the bass line could actually be below the frequency you have your enclosure tuned too. Finally, it may not be a true bass line, it could be in the midrange, above the point where you have your LP filter set. Or it could also be that your sub in that box is so muddy that you loose all clarity and tight bass lines can't be distinguised from "bass fill"

bassetc
Unregistered guest
Can you compare these subs to anything else you've heard? I was looking at getting 2 of them, but I want some sql subs...whuduhya think?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us