Ok My system I am planning on buying...HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 50
Well I wanna get the best bang for my buck..(most will say my amp but I know i know)
I am thinking about
2 Alpine Type R's (4 ohms of 2 ohms??)
1 audiobahn A8002T (get another on next month)
then a head unit and 6 x 9s not worried about that right now!!

but will 2 audiobahns push them Type R's pretty good?? and I was also thinking of the Rockford P3s....is alpine or Rockford better??
HELP PLZ

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1677
Alpine all the way & its cheaper too ! &135 each online incl free s/h

buy 2 & this amp http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Orion-1200d-Amplifiers-D2400-WCC-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ 5822774193QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1679
found that link almost to the bottom of this thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/168742.html

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 51
thanks bud I will see about that Amp!!...might have to get that amp too...u think they will be pretty loud?

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 52
will an stock alternator handle that big jesser...dang and the price...ouch

Silver Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 134
The price is right. I e-mailed that guy on the D2400 and the Orion 1200D. He told me

"i have both, the wcc model and the Orion model, both are 2005 models, just different badges. just let me know which one you would like with your payment."

I dont know what he means by different badges, but if it is the orion 1200d then that is one h3ll of a deal. 285 w/ free shipping

Silver Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 135
hey halter, don't settle for less. If you want a decent system, just save the money. Dont go out and buy something cheap becuase youll be kicking your @ss over it later.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1695
I'd pick the original Orion - let WCC do their damn advertising in their own rides ...lol .gif

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 53
well man I am not going to competition or anything..I just am regular day driver...just need somthing to thump my head while driving to school and work...and only wanna spend about 600

Silver Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 140
THATS WHAT I SAID, look read that link, thats exactly what rovin and i were talking about. Trust me, this isnt competition grade, but its decent for the money. Go with two 12" type r's or one 15" type X with that amp, and you'll be satisfied and it will be a little less then 600 dollars, and then you have to get the amp kit, and i hope you have a head unit otherwise you really wont be able to play your subs untill you get it. I mean there are other ways but the head unit is like the brain of the system.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1709
Thats quite a coincidence he wants the same subs & Exactly the same budget as u ....

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 54
lol ..yea its kinda wierd...ok I have another question..... with that amp..its a mono channel..when u hook that bad boy up to 2 amps....will that rms be split?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1725
"up to 2 amps" - u meant subs right ?

"will that rms be split?" - equally yes ...

& u connect the subs like this
Upload

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 55
to subs..sorry my bad......... soo if u have a

1200 watt rms x1 at 1 ohms... thats what u would be pushing through both!!

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 56
or they would both be getting 600 watts rms!!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1728

if u turn both your vol & gains way up yes which is risky .

u can turn the gain on the amp down a bit so u won't risk damaging your subs & obviously watch how loud u crank it - but i read on some thread those Rs handle more than rated so no worries ....

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 57
ok sweet.... soo u would go with that Orion....its kinda pricey...anything abit lower that will push them good too?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1731
No its not cause it normally retails online $350/400 & here u are getting free s/h - so spend your $ wisely & buy a good amp upfront ........

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 58
ok man..will do...thanks alot that what I will get...U been alot of help..thanks... soo get the Orion 1200d
and 2 Alpine type Rs 4 ohm DVC..
and I should have a pretty mean system?

Silver Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 142
yes sir, You'll probly have them before i will, im still waiting on my money to get back into the bank. So far it doesnt look like its going to get to me anytime fast. Im still trying to sell the 2 Brand New Immortals that i have for 500, which is a good deal, but no one here likes audiobahn. Once i sell those, ill start getting the type r's

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 59
why u getting Immortals instead of Type Rs....and mines one the way ( the subs.. gotta wait on amp) .... lol I DONT EVEN HAVE A CAR TO PUT THEM IN YET..lol....actually I am puttin this system in a s10..I am building my box in shop class..its g oing to be ported for 36 hz and 2.25 cuft... this system should make my head spin in that litte cab..lol

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 148
y are you selling your immortals for type r's

even if you underpower those things to get really good sq they will sound better than the type r's

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 60
(kinda what I was thinking) trade yea type Rs for them...

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 160
why in the world would you do that, even if you underpowered those bad boys so you dont chance blowing them, they'd have just as good as sq as the type r's and would in my opinion be louder than them to
btw immortals if done right get LOUD!!!!!

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 61
there are a beast just waiting to be uncaged ?? personally never heard them!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us